ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Monday, February 26, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Join us for a screening of two short films "Body/Bag" and "Dancedance/Re♦Volution". There will be a post-film discussion with filmmaker and SDSU professor Mark Freeman. "Body/Bag" (3 Minutes. 2017.): South African choreographer Gavin Krastin’s performance explores the limits and boundaries of movement while trapped in a transparent sheath. "Dancedance/Re♦Volution" (27 Minutes. 2017.): An introduction to the vibrant diversity of contemporary dance in South Africa. Rooted in both tradition and the ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
'You Are Here' Student/Faculty Art ExhibitStarts February 10, 2018
'Body/Bag' & 'Dancedance/Re♦Volution' With Filmmaker Mark FreemanFebruary 26, 2018
Swing Dance Under The DomeFebruary 26, 2018
Author Of The MonthMarch 3, 2018