ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Saturday, July 15, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Dominic Carrillo will discuss his book "The Improbable Rise of Paco Jones," Saturday, July 15, 1 - 2:30 p.m. in the Jaffe room on the fifth floor. This program is part of the Friends of the Central Library’s Writers to Watch program. Paco Jones is a teen stuck between two worlds and doesn’t fit into either one. As a half-white, half-Mexican boy attending an elite private school his parents sacrifice ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Weather On Steroids: The Art Of Climate Change ScienceStarts June 10, 2017
Comic Conference For Educators And LibrariansJuly 19, 2017