ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Tomorrow, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Voices for Children’s “Real Word” is the only speakers panel of its kind. The Real Word is comprised of children who are/have been in foster care in San Diego County. The panelists will inspire, humble, uplift, and move you as they share stories about their real-life experiences in foster care. This event is free and open to the public but spaces are limited! Please RSVP or for more information please ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Print Culture Exhibition At San Diego Central LibraryStarts December 10, 2016
Environmental DNA: Searching For A SignalApril 20, 2017