ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Saturday, June 3, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hannah Cohen and Gloria Harris will discuss their book, "Remarkable Women of San Diego: Pioneers, Visionaries and Innovators," June 3, 2017 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Mary Hollis Clark Conference Room on the first floor next to the library store. San Diego enjoys a diverse legacy of formidable female leaders. Ellen Browning Scripps financed and established the groundbreaking Scripps Oceanography Institute. In 1927, Belle Benchley became the nation’s first ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Weather On Steroids: The Art Of Climate Change ScienceStarts June 10, 2017