ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Tomorrow, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Join San Diego Public Library librarian Jeff Davis as he discusses his book, "The Collection All Around", which explores how libraries improve access to local cultural venues, neighborhood public spaces, nature, community goings-on, and much more around us. Enabled by new technologies, librarians are acting as agents and brokers on behalf of the public to the riches of our cities and towns. Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Weather On Steroids: The Art Of Climate Change ScienceStarts June 10, 2017
W2W: Writers To WatchSeptember 2, 2017
One Book: San Diego Kickoff Event With Chris BohjalianSeptember 13, 2017
'I Sleep, Therefore I Am' LectureSeptember 21, 2017