Our KPBS 89.5 stream and Classical San Diego stream will be offline for network maintenance today.
ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego City College
San Diego City College is a public, two-year community college administered by the San Diego Community College District. Serving as the educational cornerstone of downtown San Diego, the college offers more than 100 majors, 100 certificate programs and 1,500 classes each semester to 16,000 students.
San Diego City College is a multicultural institution committed to providing open access to all who can benefit from instruction and to meeting the diverse and ever-changing educational, cultural, and economic needs of the urban core and surrounding communities of San Diego.
As City College prepares world citizens in the twenty-first century, we recognize that the aim of education is the development of the whole person who is prepared to be an active citizen and to participate in a global community. We are committed to the tradition of academic freedom and responsibility and to maintaining a climate that promotes learning, understanding and respect for students, faculty, staff, community, and the environment.
San Diego City College provides:
- Lower division and general education courses that lead to Certificates, Associate Degrees or transfer to a four-year college or university;
- Career technical education programs that meet specific industry needs, upgrade the employment skills of students and fulfill licensing requirements of the state of California as well as contribute to the economic development of our region;
- Basic skills instruction to assist all students in meeting their educational goals; and essential student support services for all students.
Additionally, San Diego City College is committed to:
- The development of informed, active citizens who will be engaged in the global community, lifelong learners, and literate in information technology;
- Institutional community involvement, community development and community service;
- Equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all of its manifestations;
- High quality instructional programs and essential student support services, including co-curricular and cultural activities;
- Incorporating environmental sustainability into student learning outcomes ,as well as implementing a campus culture of conservation; and
- A continuous campus-wide cycle of program review and assessment with integrated planning and resource allocation.