ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Natural History Museum
Photo: Fossil Mysteries South Entrance, © San Diego Natural History Museum
The San Diego Natural History Museum traces its roots to an enthusiastic group of amateur naturalists, who formed the San Diego Society of Natural History in 1874.
To interpret the natural world through research, education and exhibits; to promote understanding of the evolution and diversity of southern California and the peninsula of Baja California; and to inspire in all a respect for nature and the environment.
- To emphasize this unique and diverse region while maintaining a global perspective;
- To collect and preserve scientific specimens for research and as a continuous record of the changing world for future generations;
- To serve as a center for the scientific study of biological diversity and evolution;
- To provide dynamic leadership in natural history and environmental education through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, striving to make this outreach relevant to all the people of the San Diego region;
- To foster cooperative efforts in natural history research and education throughout our region.
The San Diego Natural History Museum will be the premier collections-based environmental education and natural history research resource in the San Diego region. SDNHM will provide programs that are timely, user-friendly, and relevant to the real-life needs of the diverse populations of the San Diego-Baja California region today and tomorrow.
General Admission Pricing:
Senior (62+) / Student / Military (with ID) $17
Youth (7–17) $14
Child (3–6) $11
Child 2 and under Free
Upcoming event at San Diego Natural History Museum
- Sunday, April 8, 9 a.m.
- The San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT) is pleased to offer a program for the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) community: a once-a-month ASD Morning in which the Museum opens early for adults and children on the autism spectrum and their families, friends, and caregivers. This innovative program encourages individuals to explore, play, and discover the treasures theNAT has to offer in an environment that is comfortable for them. ASD Mornings ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Natural History Museum
'Unshelved: Cool Stuff From Storage'Starts November 18, 2017
ASD MorningsApril 8, 2018
Nature And Me StorytimeApril 12, 2018
Trash To Treasure Family DayApril 14, 2018
Desert Discovery Family DayMay 28, 2018