ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Natural History Museum
Photo: Fossil Mysteries South Entrance, © San Diego Natural History Museum
The San Diego Natural History Museum traces its roots to an enthusiastic group of amateur naturalists, who formed the San Diego Society of Natural History in 1874.
To interpret the natural world through research, education and exhibits; to promote understanding of the evolution and diversity of southern California and the peninsula of Baja California; and to inspire in all a respect for nature and the environment.
- To emphasize this unique and diverse region while maintaining a global perspective;
- To collect and preserve scientific specimens for research and as a continuous record of the changing world for future generations;
- To serve as a center for the scientific study of biological diversity and evolution;
- To provide dynamic leadership in natural history and environmental education through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, striving to make this outreach relevant to all the people of the San Diego region;
- To foster cooperative efforts in natural history research and education throughout our region.
The San Diego Natural History Museum will be the premier collections-based environmental education and natural history research resource in the San Diego region. SDNHM will provide programs that are timely, user-friendly, and relevant to the real-life needs of the diverse populations of the San Diego-Baja California region today and tomorrow.
General Admission Pricing:
Senior (62+) / Student / Military (with ID) $17
Youth (7–17) $14
Child (3–6) $11
Child 2 and under Free
Upcoming event at San Diego Natural History Museum
- Tuesday, April 18, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- What makes Baja so special? The mystique of the Baja California peninsula is borne from its complexity and diversity. Join Curator of Herpetology Brad Hollingsworth for an exploration of the region's amphibians and reptiles and gain an appreciation for some of the bizarre traits that emerge from animals evolved in isolation, ready to meet the challenges of the area’s many rugged habitats. Tickets are $9 for members and $12 for ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Natural History Museum
'Extraordinary Ideas From Ordinary People: A History Of Citizen Science'Starts August 20, 2016
Photo ArkStarts December 17, 2016
Sea Monsters 3D Starts January 2, 2017
'Ultimate Dinosaurs'Starts February 25, 2017
‘Wild Africa’ 3DStarts September 6, 2016
Wild Africa 3DStarts December 10, 2016