ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West
- El Cajon, CA 92019
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly five acres of gardens and exhibits that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, or through one of our programs.
- Four to six classes per month for the general public, including landscaping, gardening, and art offerings.
- Training in water conservation for professional landscapers.
- School tours.
- Regularly-scheduled adult group tours.
- Tours by appointment.
- Large educational special events.
- Outreach programs, including a speaker’s bureau.
The Garden can be a learning laboratory for the dedicated gardener, a delightful place for an afternoon stroll, or a place to gather lots of information about water-wise, or California-Friendly® gardening, while attending a fun family festival.
The Garden is supported by water district dues, and by memberships, donations, grants, facility rentals, and gift shop sales. In 2005, Friends of the Water Conservation was created to increase private support for the Garden.
The Garden does not allow dogs, with the exception of guide dogs.
Hours: (Refer to the website for the most up to date hours)
Spring, Fall, and Winter: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., some holidays excepted.
Summer (June 1 – Aug. 31): The Garden is open until 7 p.m. every Wed. evening to enjoy a walk with your friendly (and leashed) furry friend.
Cost: Free Admission
The Garden is closed on the following holidays:
- Jan. 1
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
Upcoming event at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- Saturday, July 1, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Organized by Arts for Learning San Diego, participating local artists & sponsors will join together to promote the arts in our community. This opportunity will provide all ages the delight in experiencing the beauty & therapeutic properties of art in a breathtaking garden setting – while being a faerie or being amongst faeries! Money raised from the event will fund free children’s art classes to be held at The Water ... Read more
All upcoming events at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
Faeries In The GardenJuly 1, 2017