ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West
- El Cajon, CA 92019
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly five acres of gardens and exhibits that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, or through one of our programs.
- Four to six classes per month for the general public, including landscaping, gardening, and art offerings.
- Training in water conservation for professional landscapers.
- School tours.
- Regularly-scheduled adult group tours.
- Tours by appointment.
- Large educational special events.
- Outreach programs, including a speaker’s bureau.
The Garden can be a learning laboratory for the dedicated gardener, a delightful place for an afternoon stroll, or a place to gather lots of information about water-wise, or California-Friendly® gardening, while attending a fun family festival.
The Garden is supported by water district dues, and by memberships, donations, grants, facility rentals, and gift shop sales. In 2005, Friends of the Water Conservation was created to increase private support for the Garden.
The Garden does not allow dogs, with the exception of guide dogs.
Hours: (Refer to the website for the most up to date hours)
Spring, Fall, and Winter: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., some holidays excepted.
Summer (June 1 – Aug. 31): The Garden is open until 7 p.m. every Wed. evening to enjoy a walk with your friendly (and leashed) furry friend.
Cost: Free Admission
The Garden is closed on the following holidays:
- Jan. 1
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
Upcoming event at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- Saturday, April 29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A family-friendly community celebration at Cuyamaca College and The Water Conservation Garden featuring the Ornamental Horticulture department's biggest plant sale of the year, and exhibitors and vendors with garden-related information and merchandise. The Garden will be hosting tours of the butterfly pavilion and feature kids activities, butterfly releases, story time with Miss Metamorphosis and a pollinator party Ms. Smarty-Plants™. Free admission and parking. For more information, call (619) 660-0614 or ... Read more
All upcoming events at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
Master Composter Course - Unincorporated San Diego County - 5 Week CourseStarts February 19, 2017
Spring Butterfly And Garden FestivalApril 29, 2017
Native Plant SaleApril 29, 2017