Studio / Sound Stage Production and Rentals
KPBS is home to the largest, traditional sound stage and hard cyc in the San Diego area. We offer over 4,700 square feet of usable shooting space, acoustically isolated, and completely configurable. It is ideal for any size production: small, single-camera green screen to large multi-set, and multi-camera episodic shoots. Rent the space and provide the entire crew, or let us complement your production with any of our talented, on-site staff. Contact us for customized rates and production availability. View photos.
• Studio A 60’x80’ 4,700 sq. ft. with light grid at 17’
• Two walled pre lit cove hard cyc 40' x 32’ x 17’H
• 3 wall curtain cycs (Black, Blue, Beige)
• 20 amp and 50 amp grid and floor circuits
• On-site Lighting and Grip packages
• Fully equipped carpenter shop
• Large prop storage
• Secure loading and unloading with roll-up door and grip truck parking
All rentals come with access to:
• Make-up room
• (2) Dressing rooms with shower facilities
• Green room/ production office
• Stage manager
• Scissor Lift and ladders and our full grip and lighting package.
• Fresh cyc or floor paint at additional cost.
• Discount rates for set up days or multi-day rentals
• Set design and construction
• Lighting design
• Vast catalog of prop and scenic pieces
• Equipment and crews
• Catering / craft services
• Full Day: $1500
• 1/2 Day: $900
The Studio Control Room is the perfect option for creating traditional multi-camera transmissions or streamed events:
• Sony HD switcher
• (6) HD studio cameras
• Chryon graphics generator
• Recording program and ISOs to digital files (Pro res), XDcam discs or legacy tape stock
Contact us for customized rates and production availability.