ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- 2300 Expedition Way
- La Jolla, CA 92037
- Fax 858-534-7114
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
Perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the aquarium features more than 60 habitats of fishes and invertebrates from the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest to the tropical waters of Mexico and beyond. An interactive museum showcases research discoveries by Scripps scientists on climate, earth and ocean science. The mission of Birch Aquarium is to provide ocean science education, to interpret Scripps research and to promote ocean conservation.
Birch Aquarium interprets Scripps Institution of Oceanography research, emphasizing the interdisciplinary nature of the science used to study Earth, and inspiring public support of scientific endeavors.
Birch Aquarium promotes conservation through education and research, believing that with increased understanding of the ocean, people will respect and protect the marine environment.
- Adult: $18.50
- Child (3 - 17): $14.00
- Senior (60+): $15.50
- Students or UCSD Staff with ID: $15
- Ages 2 and under: Free
- Active duty, reserve, veteran/retired US military ID holders receive $2 off each ticket.
Upcoming event at Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Saturday, January 25, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Explore Where the Sea Meets the Land! Visit a local tide pool to learn how these amazing habitats and their inhabitants truly survive between a rock and a hard place. Sign up for a Tidepooling Adventure where our trained naturalists will show you how to tread lightly during your visit and help you discover the wonderful world of tide pools. For ages 2+ (tickets required). Under 15 must be accompanied ... Read more
All upcoming events at Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Cephalopod Celebration At Birch Aquarium!Starts February 8, 2020
Growing Up Seahorse - Behind-the-Scenes ToursStarts December 18, 2019
Whale Watching With Birch AquariumStarts December 14, 2019
Tidepooling Adventures With Birch AquariumJanuary 25, 2020
Birch Aquarium’s Perspectives Lecture: Squid Pro QuoFebruary 10, 2020