ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- 2300 Expedition Way
- La Jolla, CA 92037
- Fax 858-534-7114
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
Perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the aquarium features more than 60 habitats of fishes and invertebrates from the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest to the tropical waters of Mexico and beyond. An interactive museum showcases research discoveries by Scripps scientists on climate, earth and ocean science. The mission of Birch Aquarium is to provide ocean science education, to interpret Scripps research and to promote ocean conservation.
Birch Aquarium interprets Scripps Institution of Oceanography research, emphasizing the interdisciplinary nature of the science used to study Earth, and inspiring public support of scientific endeavors.
Birch Aquarium promotes conservation through education and research, believing that with increased understanding of the ocean, people will respect and protect the marine environment.
- Adult: $18.50
- Child (3 - 17): $14.00
- Senior (60+): $15.50
- Students or UCSD Staff with ID: $15
- Ages 2 and under: Free
- Active duty, reserve, veteran/retired US military ID holders receive $2 off each ticket.
Upcoming event at Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Tomorrow, 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Birch Aquarium's Green Flash Concert Series is back! Don’t miss the epic summer concert series that combines live music with panoramic ocean views! Pine Mountain Logs & Venice Green Flash fan favorites Pine Mountain Logs and Venice return to the Green Flash stage. With talent that has toured with Roger Waters (Pink Floyd), Pine Mountain Logs will rock the aquarium with their unique mashup of classic rock hits ranging from ... Read more
All upcoming events at Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Seadragons & Seahorses Now Open At Birch Aquarium Starts May 17, 2019
The Mother Hips At Birch Aquarium August 14, 2019
10,000 Maniacs At Birch Aquarium September 18, 2019