ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Saturday, June 29, noon
- Over 60 transition age foster youth who have overcome the odds to head for college will have the opportunity to start their journey with help and support from Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT) through its College Bound service. College Bound provides young people with everything they need to succeed in all aspects of their college experiences, including school supplies, electronics, household items and a community to provide ongoing ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Just In Time’s College BoundJune 29, 2019
Law & Comics 10th Anniversary PanelJuly 16, 2019