ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Saturday, October 9, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- RSVP Now! While Italian Americans served bravely in WWII, their relatives, and loved ones back home endured hardships along the California coast—property seizure, curfew and travel restrictions, forced relocation, shame, and selective internment. They too had become enemy aliens. And after Proclamation 4 called for the Japanese exodus in March of 1942, the Italians were slated to follow. Come for the talk; stay for the discussion. This fall, Author of ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Call To Serve: Clara E. Breed And The Japanese American IncarcerationStarts September 18, 2021