ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Today, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Culinary Historians of San Diego will present “Food on the Move in the American West,” featuring Richard Foss, at 10:30 a.m. November 16, in the Neil Morgan Auditorium of the San Diego Central Library, 330 Park Blvd. Foss will describe how horse-drawn wagons delivering sandwiches, tamales and refreshments to 19th Century night workers and bar denizens evolved into much more, reflecting the various cultures of the cities they served and ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Photography Exhibit 'Julius Shulman: Modern San Diego'Starts September 28, 2019
HIV Testing ClinicsNovember 20, 2019
Swing Dance Under The DomeNovember 25, 2019