ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Thursday, January 30, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Asian Story Theater and AARP present staged readings of “Hand Under Hand,” a play with music that explores intergenerational caregiving in the Asian Pacific Islander community. Free and open to the public. Performed by professional actors and musicians, the play and following panel invite discussion about the impact of caregiving in immigrant communities. Light refreshments. MaArte Theatre Collective is artistic collaborator. Community partners include San Diego Public Library; Philippine Consulate, ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
'Hand Under Hand'January 30, 2020