ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Today, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Crux: Crossing Borders in Search of a Father Join KPBS journalist Jean Guerrero and Los Angeles Times reporter Richard Marosi for a stimulating conversation about her PEN-award-winning book, "Crux: A Cross-Border Memoir," and the most important 2018 U.S.-Mexico border stories, from family separations to the Trump administration's response to the caravan. Crux is about Guerrero's quest to understand her charismatic and troubled Mexican father, who crosses borders between countries, between ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
Silent Book Club: Relax, Read, Recharge!December 18, 2018
Poetry Out Loud Regional FinalsFebruary 5, 2019