ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Central Public Library
San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common, opened its doors to a new building, a 497,654 square feet on September 28, 2013. The New facility has over 400 computer devices, 22 study rooms, a charter high school, 3D printer (maker lab), auditorium, teen center, homework center, Veteran’s Resource Center, art gallery, rare book room, children’s library, café and much more.
The San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common is the heart of the City of San Diego Public Library system, and a major cultural and recreational facility that provides a wide variety of services to San Diego residents and the 35-branch library system.
The San Diego Public Library collection consists of
• More than 5.3 million books, including e-books, and audio-visual materials
• 3,138 periodical subscriptions
• 1.6 million government documents; and
• More than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Upcoming event at San Diego Central Public Library
- Friday, February 22, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Free tax preparation assistance will be available to lower-middle income San Diego residents on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m at the San Diego Central Library. Taxpayers who qualify: - (AGI) of $34,000 or less in 2018 - Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) - Active duty military All qualifying taxpayers will have the opportunity to prepare and file their federal and state tax returns ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Central Public Library
The Artist Portrait Project: San Diego Artists 2006-2016Starts December 15, 2018
Free Tax Assistance EventFebruary 22, 2019
'Pushout: The Criminalization Of Black Girls In Schools'February 23, 2019
Swing Dance Under The DomeMarch 11, 2019