ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Art Institute
The San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) is a premier regional contemporary art center that advances art and artists from Southern California and Northern Baja. Through six annual exhibitions in our main Balboa Park location, an active artist-in-residency program, arts education, and a robust program of workshops and performances, the San Diego Art Institute introduces diverse audiences, students and artists to quality exhibitions and responsive, interactive programming.
San Diego Art Institute maintains a number of programs:
- Advance artists of today… by providing artists and curators funding and resources to create, collaborate and exhibit.
- Reveal culture through contemporary and experimental manifestations of art… by presenting work that expands the boundaries of expression to engage the public with art.
- Lead contemporary art in the SoCal/No Baja region…by removing limitations of borders, physical and conceptual, and embolden production of leading regional contemporary art.
- Educate artists of tomorrow… with K-12 curriculum designed to inspire art making in all forms and create respect for artistic endeavors.
San Diego Art Institute MemberCard Information:
MemberCard #: 602
Offer: Anytime for 2-for-1 admission
$5 for Adults
$3 for Seniors, Military & Students with ID
Children 12 and under are admitted free
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas days
Upcoming event at San Diego Art Institute
- Today, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- On Friday, Sept. 21, Poetry and Art Series 2018 presents a reading by Karen An-hwei Lee, Julie Corrales, Poetic Matrix and poets from 100,000 Poets for Change featuring authors Shadab Zeest Hashmi, Joe Milosch, Jim Moreno, John Peterson, Theresa F, Tomas Gayton, Brandon Cesmat, Jeeni Cricenzo, Michael Turner-Ortega, Lori Walkington and Rex Butters. Hosted by Michael Klam. DJ Barry Thomas will provide music and sound throughout the show. This interactive ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Art Institute
'Beyond The Age Of Reason'Starts September 1, 2018