ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Natural History Museum
Photo: Fossil Mysteries South Entrance, © San Diego Natural History Museum
The San Diego Natural History Museum traces its roots to an enthusiastic group of amateur naturalists, who formed the San Diego Society of Natural History in 1874.
To interpret the natural world through research, education and exhibits; to promote understanding of the evolution and diversity of southern California and the peninsula of Baja California; and to inspire in all a respect for nature and the environment.
- To emphasize this unique and diverse region while maintaining a global perspective;
- To collect and preserve scientific specimens for research and as a continuous record of the changing world for future generations;
- To serve as a center for the scientific study of biological diversity and evolution;
- To provide dynamic leadership in natural history and environmental education through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, striving to make this outreach relevant to all the people of the San Diego region;
- To foster cooperative efforts in natural history research and education throughout our region.
The San Diego Natural History Museum will be the premier collections-based environmental education and natural history research resource in the San Diego region. SDNHM will provide programs that are timely, user-friendly, and relevant to the real-life needs of the diverse populations of the San Diego-Baja California region today and tomorrow.
General Admission Pricing:
Senior (62+) / Student / Military (with ID) $17
Youth (7–17) $14
Child (3–6) $11
Child 2 and under Free
Upcoming event at San Diego Natural History Museum
- Today, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Please join us for our annual Justice for All Celebration - an evening to honor our volunteers, and for the legal community to gather in support of increasing access to justice. This year's program will include a conversation with Kathleen Kennedy Townsend regarding the legacy of her father, Robert F. Kennedy, 50 years after his death. Kennedy Townsend's career is a testament to public service, activism, and social responsibility - ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Natural History Museum
'Unshelved: Cool Stuff From Storage'Starts November 18, 2017
Chew The ScenceOctober 9, 2018
ASD MorningsOctober 14, 2018