ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
San Diego Natural History Museum
Photo: Fossil Mysteries South Entrance, © San Diego Natural History Museum
The San Diego Natural History Museum traces its roots to an enthusiastic group of amateur naturalists, who formed the San Diego Society of Natural History in 1874.
To interpret the natural world through research, education and exhibits; to promote understanding of the evolution and diversity of southern California and the peninsula of Baja California; and to inspire in all a respect for nature and the environment.
- To emphasize this unique and diverse region while maintaining a global perspective;
- To collect and preserve scientific specimens for research and as a continuous record of the changing world for future generations;
- To serve as a center for the scientific study of biological diversity and evolution;
- To provide dynamic leadership in natural history and environmental education through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, striving to make this outreach relevant to all the people of the San Diego region;
- To foster cooperative efforts in natural history research and education throughout our region.
The San Diego Natural History Museum will be the premier collections-based environmental education and natural history research resource in the San Diego region. SDNHM will provide programs that are timely, user-friendly, and relevant to the real-life needs of the diverse populations of the San Diego-Baja California region today and tomorrow.
General Admission Pricing:
Senior (62+) / Student / Military (with ID) $17
Youth (7–17) $14
Child (3–6) $11
Child 2 and under Free
Upcoming event at San Diego Natural History Museum
- Wednesday, February 5, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Conservation professionals and biodiversity lovers, unite! Guests at the 3rd annual State of Biodiversity Symposium will rally around the latest science, emerging threats, and management success stories in the world of conservation. The symposium will feature a keynote presentation by Todd Keeler-Wolf entitled California-Style Biodiversity: Why We Wonder, Worry, and Hope. It will be followed by four concurrent panel sessions: San Diego Canyon Conservation, HCPs for Conservation and Discovery, Biodiversity ... Read more
All upcoming events at San Diego Natural History Museum
'Living Lab' At The NatStarts November 23, 2019
State Of Biodiversity SymposiumFebruary 5, 2020