ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
University of California, San Diego
Founded in 1960, the University of California, San Diego is one of the nation’s most accomplished research universities, widely acknowledged for its local impact, national influence and global reach.
The campus is ideally located near the Pacific Ocean, the U.S.-Mexico border and the Pacific Rim. UC San Diego is renowned for its collaborative, diverse and cross-disciplinary ethos that transcends traditional boundaries in science, arts and the humanities. The university’s award-winning scholars are experts at the forefront of their fields with an impressive track record for achieving scientific, medical and technological breakthroughs.
A leader in climate science research, UC San Diego is one of the greenest universities in the nation and promotes sustainability solutions throughout the region and the world.
- Total campus enrollment is 29,110 students (as of fall 2009).
- UC San Diego received more than 47,000 freshman applications for fall 2009 admission (the third highest application rate in the UC system). The admitted freshmen’s average GPA was 4.08.
- The campus ranks 7th nationally among major research universities sending students abroad in full-year programs, and 7th among U.S. research institutions in the number of international scholars hosted.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- School of Medicine
- SIO Pier UC San Diego Medical Center
- Jacobs School of Engineering
- Rady School of Management
- School of International Relations & Pacific Studies
- San Diego Supercomputer Center
- Center for U.S.—Mexican Studies
- Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation
- Institute of the Americas
- UC San Diego Extension
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2)
- Center for Research in Computing and the Arts
- Center of Interdisciplinary Science for Art, Architecture, and Archaeology (CISA3)
View Calendar of UCSD Events
Upcoming event at University of California, San Diego
- Tomorrow, noon to 3 p.m.
- Come view "The Last Resort," an exhibition of artwork made in and about the desert by 15 MFA students. Featured Artists: Bailey Davenport, Thien Doan, John Dombroski, Tanner Gilliland-Swetland, Cole Goodwin, Grace Mae Huddleston, Kirstyn Hom, Yasmine Kasem, Zara Kuredjian, Oscar Magallanes, Alexandra Neuman, Lauryn Smith, Maya Vanderschuit, Kevin Vincent and Zeb Zang. Dates and Times: - Jan. 9 - 18 - Noon - 3 p.m. - Wednesdays through Fridays ... Read more
All upcoming events at University of California, San Diego
'A Glimmer Exodus Sketchbook'Starts January 17, 2019
'The Last Resort'Tomorrow
'A Glimmer Exodus Sketchbook' Opening ReceptionJanuary 17, 2019
Opening Reception: Rita Miglioli Art ShowJanuary 18, 2019
Opening Reception: Q-MEEN-CJanuary 25, 2019
The Scientific Method: Author Talk & Book SigningFebruary 26, 2019