ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West
- El Cajon, CA 92019
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly five acres of gardens and exhibits that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, or through one of our programs.
- Four to six classes per month for the general public, including landscaping, gardening, and art offerings.
- Training in water conservation for professional landscapers.
- School tours.
- Regularly-scheduled adult group tours.
- Tours by appointment.
- Large educational special events.
- Outreach programs, including a speaker’s bureau.
The Garden can be a learning laboratory for the dedicated gardener, a delightful place for an afternoon stroll, or a place to gather lots of information about water-wise, or California-Friendly® gardening, while attending a fun family festival.
The Garden is supported by water district dues, and by memberships, donations, grants, facility rentals, and gift shop sales. In 2005, Friends of the Water Conservation was created to increase private support for the Garden.
The Garden does not allow dogs, with the exception of guide dogs.
Hours: (Refer to the website for the most up to date hours)
Spring, Fall, and Winter: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., some holidays excepted.
Summer (June 1 – Aug. 31): The Garden is open until 7 p.m. every Wed. evening to enjoy a walk with your friendly (and leashed) furry friend.
Cost: Free Admission
The Garden is closed on the following holidays:
- Jan. 1
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
Upcoming event at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- Sunday, March 14, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nature Therapy is an easy-paced, guided tour which produces a calming, internal experience. Participants are invited to connect with nature gradually, through a series of simple exercises using their senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell or touch, during a stroll through The Water Conservation Garden, and a brief sit in our outdoor spaces. The formula is simple, and the resulting emotional wellness and inner peace taps into our sixth sense; ... Read more
All upcoming events at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
Chair YogaStarts January 14, 2021
Fitness FridaysStarts January 15, 2021
Garden YogaStarts January 12, 2021
Power YogaStarts January 12, 2021
Nature Therapy ExperienceMarch 14, 2021