ADVERTISEMENT | Become a sponsor today!
Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- 12122 Cuyamaca College Drive West
- El Cajon, CA 92019
- View Map | Visit Website | E-mail this place
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly five acres of gardens and exhibits that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, or through one of our programs.
- Four to six classes per month for the general public, including landscaping, gardening, and art offerings.
- Training in water conservation for professional landscapers.
- School tours.
- Regularly-scheduled adult group tours.
- Tours by appointment.
- Large educational special events.
- Outreach programs, including a speaker’s bureau.
The Garden can be a learning laboratory for the dedicated gardener, a delightful place for an afternoon stroll, or a place to gather lots of information about water-wise, or California-Friendly® gardening, while attending a fun family festival.
The Garden is supported by water district dues, and by memberships, donations, grants, facility rentals, and gift shop sales. In 2005, Friends of the Water Conservation was created to increase private support for the Garden.
The Garden does not allow dogs, with the exception of guide dogs.
Hours: (Refer to the website for the most up to date hours)
Spring, Fall, and Winter: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., some holidays excepted.
Summer (June 1 – Aug. 31): The Garden is open until 7 p.m. every Wed. evening to enjoy a walk with your friendly (and leashed) furry friend.
Cost: Free Admission
The Garden is closed on the following holidays:
- Jan. 1
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
Upcoming event at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
- Saturday, November 16, 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Music Under The Stars! Honoring 20 years of proudly serving San Diego, The Water Conservation Garden is hosting an anniversary concert on Saturday, November 16. The event begins at 5 p.m. with a reception featuring food & drink stations, dancing, unique auction items and live music provided by: The Mighty Untouchables! Celebrate the important work of fellow Water Conservation Garden supporters who share your passion for protecting our environment. Parking ... Read more
All upcoming events at Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
Benefit Concert: Celebrating 20 Years!November 16, 2019