We offer a few avenues of opportunity to explore KPBS facilities, like our newsroom - the Joan and Irwin Jacobs KPBS News Center, as well as some of our production studios.
- Pre-Scheduled Tours: Individuals and groups of up to 16 members, 13 years old and up
- KPBS Tours during Explore SDSU: Annual event held on a single Saturday each March, all ages
KPBS tours are offered four times per month on a first come, first serve basis. Tours are based around our production schedules as well as the best parking periods for both tour participants and our Volunteer Tour Guides.
Tours are open to groups and individuals. The maximum number of tour participants is 16.
Tours start promptly at the scheduled time. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Due to the limited availability of our tour guides and our busy production schedule, we are not able to offer tours outside of the dates and times listed.
Tours for groups with 6-16 participants are available on:
- First Tuesday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
- Second Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
Tours for individuals and small groups (under six participants) are available on:
- Fourth Thursday of the Month at 2:00 p.m.
Tour Requirements and Information:
- Minimum eight days advance sign-up (to sign up, email email@example.com).
- Minimum Age: 13 years old, no exceptions please.
- Group Maximum: 16 people, including chaperones.
- Schedule Changes: Tour dates are occasionally taken off our calendar or moved to other days when our studios are closed for holiday periods, events, etc.
- Tour Areas: Newsroom, Radio studios, TV studios
- Duration: Approximately 45 min. - 1 hr.
- Parking: Parking is $3 per vehicle; carpooling, public transportation is encouraged.
To register for a tour, please select your preferred date from the schedule above, and email firstname.lastname@example.org.