We offer a few avenues of opportunity to explore KPBS facilities, like our newsroom - the Joan and Irwin Jacobs KPBS News Center, as well as some of our production studios.
- Pre-Scheduled Tours: Individuals and groups of up to 16 members, 13 years old and up
- KPBS Tours during Explore SDSU: Annual event held on a single Saturday each March, all ages
Tours are open to groups and individuals. The maximum number of tour participants is 16.
Tours start promptly at the scheduled time. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Due to the limited availability of our tour guides and our busy production schedule, we are not able to offer tours outside of the dates and times listed.
Tours for groups with 6-16 participants are available on:
- First Tuesday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
- Second Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
Tours for individuals and small groups (under six participants) are available on:
- Fourth Thursday of the Month at 2:00 p.m.
Upcoming Tour Dates
- Tuesday, 2/4 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, 2/11 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 2/19 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 2/27 at 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 3/3 at 9:00 a.m.CANCELLED Tuesday, 3/10 at 2:00 p.m.FULL Wednesday, 3/18 at 2:00 p.m.FULL
- Thursday, 3/26 at 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 4/7 at 9:00 a.m.FULL
- Tuesday, 4/14 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 4/15 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 4/23 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 5/5 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, 5/12 at 2:00 p.m.
Tour Requirements and Information:
- Minimum eight days advance sign-up (to sign up, email email@example.com).
- Minimum Age: 13 years old, no exceptions please.
- Group Maximum: 16 people, including chaperones.
- Schedule Changes: Tour dates are occasionally taken off our calendar or moved to other days when our studios are closed for holiday periods, events, etc.
- Tour Areas: Newsroom, Radio studios, TV studios
- Duration: Approximately 45 min. - 1 hr.
- Parking: Parking is $3 per vehicle; carpooling, public transportation is encouraged.
- Location: KPBS is located on the campus of San Diego State University (see map)
Our general public tours are led by KPBS Volunteers: special friends of the station who are members, listeners, viewers. It takes the community to support KPBS. The team of tour guides from our volunteer collective shows how true that really is.