Experts Detail Best Book Picks of 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
The big sellers this holiday season may be ghost-written celebrity memoirs or self-help tomes. But there is a fair amount of good stuff out there as well.
, San Diego-based author of two critically acclaimed memoirs
. She has just published her first novel called
- Tiffany Lee-Youngren, freelance book critic for the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Books discussed on the show:
- Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn
- Literacy and Longing in L.A., by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack
- A Spot of Bother, by Mark Haddon
- Severance, by Robert Olen Butler
- Twilight of the Superheroes, by Deborah Eisenberg
- Carte Blanche, by Carlo Lucarelli
- Small Acts of Sex and Electricity, by Lise Haines
- Kafka’s Soup, by Mark Crick
- The Great Deluge, by Douglas Brinkley
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.
Please stay on topic and be as concise as possible. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Community Discussion Rules. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.