One Book, One San Diego is our region's premier literary program, presented in partnership between KPBS and over 80 public libraries, service organizations and educational institutions. Now in its 17th year, the purpose is to bring our community closer together through the shared experience of reading and discussing the same book.
Each year, One Book, One San Diego features one book for adults, one for teens, one for kids and one for Spanish language readers (One Book Sin Fronteras).
In the early part of the calendar year, the community is asked to nominate titles the entire community should read together. The Advisory Committees review these nominations and ultimately select titles they believe fit the selection criteria best. In the fall, KPBS and our community partners host events inspired by the books selected.
Nominations for 2023 are now open! Please review the selection criteria prior to submitting a nomination.
¡Abiertas las nominaciones para 2023! Revise los criterios de selección antes de nominar una libro.
Fill out the form to submit your nomination.
Complete el formulario aquí para enviar su nominación.
Submit your nomination
One Book, One San Diego has announced the selections for the 2022 region-wide read: “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett has been chosen for adult readers; “The Magic Fish” written and illustrated by Trung Le Nguyen for teens and tweens; and “We Are Water Protectors” by Carole Lindstrom and illustrated by Michaela Goade for children.
Focus on disability civil rights, experiences and inclusion.
2020 One Book, One San Diego Selections: 'They Called Us Enemy,' 'Write to Me: Letters from Japanese American Children to the Librarian They Left Behind,' and 'Nos Llamaron Enemigo'Focus on Japanese American experiences in WWII internment camps
Selección 2019 para Sin Fronteras
One Book is funded by the Linden Root Dickinson Foundation. One Book for Kids is funded by the Payne Family Foundation. One Book for Teens is funded by the Seth Sprague Educational and Charitable Foundation.
One Book is a partnership between KPBS, the San Diego Public Library and the San Diego County Library, and the following organizations:
- San Diego Public Library
- San Diego County Library
- Alliance San Diego
- Asociación de Bibliotecarios de Baja California
- Barnes & Noble
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
- CETYS Universidad
- Coronado Public Library
- Crawford High School
- Deaf Community Services of San Diego, Inc.
- Escondido Public Library
- The Friends of the San Diego Public Library
- Girl Scouts San Diego
- Hoover High School
- Juvenile Court Book Club
- Little Fish Comic Book Studio
- Museum of Us
- Oceanside Public Library
- Point Loma Nazarene University’s Ryan Library
- Reach Out & Read San Diego
- Rosa Parks Elementary School
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego City College
- San Diego Council on Literacy
- San Diego County Office of Education
- San Diego Diplomacy Council
- San Diego Law Library
- San Diego Public Library Foundation
- San Diego Refugee Tutoring
- San Diego State University’s Love Library
- San Diego State University Imperial Valley Student Accommodation Services Center
- San Diego State University Imperial Valley Campus Library
- San Diego Unified School District
- San Diego Union-Tribune
- School in the Park
- Somali Family Service of San Diego
- Southwestern College
- T.R.A.C.E. Alternative School
- University of San Diego’s Copley Library
- UC San Diego Library
- Wilson Middle School
- Worldview Project