The Producers Club is a diverse group of philanthropic individuals and families committed to sustaining KPBS' ability to reach beyond the status quo — on television, on radio, and online. Producers Club members share the distinction of being KPBS' most generous annual contributors, giving $1,200 or more each year to strengthen the impact of public broadcasting. More importantly, they are our counselors and ambassadors. They enable KPBS to expand its vision of excellence, to develop new programs, and to employ cutting-edge telecommunications technologies to find innovative ways of better serving San Diego residents.
Producers Club members enjoy many special benefits, including By-Invitation-Only events with on air personalities, advance notice of upcoming projects and programs of special interest and more.
To our Producers Club Family, We are here for you, and want to thank you for your support of KPBS.
In the past few months, KPBS has seen a monumental increase in viewership as communities all over San Diego County rely on us for continued updates on the coronavirus pandemic. This has prompted us to expand our news coverage to seven days a week from five days a week. Offering this extended, vital coverage wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of you, our most loyal members.
You are the glue that holds our station together, and you’re the reason KPBS is one of the highest-rated public media stations in the country. Through these unprecedented times, we want to assure you that KPBS will continue to share stories, and invite conversation that builds on our sense of community, and delivers the facts. We hope that you’ll continue to agree that KPBS is where story matters.
Lastly, we’d like to leave you with some words of wisdom from our dear friend and neighbor, Fred Rogers:
"We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say, 'It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.' Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes."
Thank you for supporting San Diego’s need for quality journalism. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. and let us know how we can help you during this time. Stay safe, everyone, and remember: We’re all in this together!
Thursday, September 17th | Producers Club Virtual Event with Robin Young. 12:00pm - 1:00pm. KPBS General Manager Tom Karlo will be in conversation with Co-Host of Here and Now, Robin Young. Please note: This event will be held via Zoom. The link will be sent in a reminder email the week of the event to the email address you provide to us during registration. If you'd like to invite a guest, please provide us with their email upon registration to ensure they receive a Zoom link. There is no cost to attend this event. Space is limited and RSVP is required. RSVP NOW.
Thursday, August 6th | Virtual PC Event with Theatre Corner. 12:00pm - 1:15pm. Theatre Corner is an interview series dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the national theatre scene, both on the stage and in the seats. Producers Club members enjoyed a preview of the show before its debut on KPBS. Following the preview, KPBS Arts Calendar Editor & Producer Julia Dixon Evans moderated a panel discussion with Theatre Corner Host michael taylor, Executive Producer of Theatre Corner and actor Wendy Raquel Robinson, and Artistic Director of The African-American Shakespeare Company L. Peter Callender. This event took place in the OVEE online platform. There was no cost to attend this event. Check out a recording of the panel discussion here.
Important Event Information
We will explore the idea of hosting KPBS Producers Club in-person events once our state and local public health orders for gatherings are lifted AND when we have a clear idea of what protocols, guidelines, or safety measures we will need to adopt in order to create a safe in-person event for our attendees and staff.
*A KPBS-sponsored or co-sponsored community event, not Producers Club exclusive.
As a Producers Club member your gift supports the station and its mission. A benefit of supporting at the PC level is receiving several exclusive invitations throughout the year to attend educational, arts, and culture events, much like the ones you see here! Any ticket prices are offered at a reduced cost and are being subsidized by KPBS and our underwriting partners.
Past events include Ebenezer Scrooge’s BIG San Diego Christmas Show, Books & Brews, Meet the General Manager Event, New Member Reception, and the Exhibition & Reception at the California Center for the Arts, Escondido.
Producers Club Levels
Silver Level Annual Courtesies ($1,200-2,499)
Thank You Gifts
- A chrome Producers Club license plate frame with the KPBS logo in color.
- A 100% cotton polo shirt with embroidered KPBS logo (available in men’s & women’s styles & sizes).
- Your choice of thank you gifts valued at up to ten percent of your donation (gifts can include concert tickets, DVDs, KPBS swag, etc.) Recognition
- Name recognition on the KPBS.org Producers Club website.
- Name recognition in the KPBS Producers Club Post (for new members only). Exclusive Opportunities
- A Producers Club group tour of the KPBS Studios for you and your guests led by the General Manager or a senior staff member.
- Invitations to special KPBS events, including receptions, parties, screenings, and exclusive Producers Club events with NPR, PBS, and KPBS Personalities.
- An invitation to a New Members Reception with KPBS On-Air Personalities.
Gold Level Annual Courtesies ($2,500-4,999)
Gold Level members enjoy all Silver Level courtesies, plus:
- Two complimentary tickets/admission to a KPBS Producers Club Theatre event. *NEW
Additional Thank You Gifts
- On-Air thank you during a KPBS radio pledge drive. Additional Exclusive Opportunities
- A private tour of the KPBS Studios and lunch for you and your guests led by the General Manager or a senior staff member.
- An invitation to the General Manager’s Annual Breakfast. *NEW
- Complimentary tickets to community and arts events (when available) - past events included Art Alive at the San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego Bay Food & Wine Festival, San Diego County Fair Tickets, Mainly Mozart, and many others.
Platinum Level Annual Courtesies ($5,000-9,999)
Platinum Level members enjoy all Gold Level courtesies, plus:
- Two complimentary tickets/admissions for KPBS Producers Club events (limit two events). *NEW Additional Recognition
- Opportunities to have your gift used as a Producers Club Match during on-air campaigns. Additional Exclusive Opportunities
- Dinner with the General Manager.
- Invitation to a Platinum Level Appreciation Event which can include breakfast, lunch or dinner with on-air personalities
- Opportunity to watch live television broadcasts or pledge tapings in our studios.
- Quarterly messages from the General Manager.
Additional Thank You Gifts
Executive Level Annual Courtesies ($10,000+)
Executive Level enjoy all Platinum Level courtesies, plus:
- Two complimentary tickets/admissions to all KPBS Producers Club events. *NEW Additional Recognition
- Prominent recognition on the KPBS.org Producers Club website. Additional Exclusive Opportunities
- Invitation to an Executive Level Salon event.
Additional Thank You Gifts
Major Donor Partners Annual Courtesies ($25,000+)
Producers Club Major Donor Partners enjoy all Executive Level courtesies, plus:
- Your choice of thank you gifts.
- Two free tickets to concerts offered during membership campaigns. Additional Recognition
- Gift recognition on Radio, TV or Web. Additional Exclusive Opportunities
- Invitation to NPR Weekend in Washington or the PBS Annual Conference.
- Exclusive invitations to Major Donor only intimate events.
- Choose to designate your gift for a special initiative.
Additional Thank You Gifts
Federal Tax ID
KPBS is a not-for-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code section 501 C(3). San Diego State University Research Foundation Federal Tax ID Number: 956042721