Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
Giving to KPBS Public Media through your DAF is simple and easy.
KPBS is a member-supported service of San Diego State University (SDSU), operating under SDSU Research Foundation. We use the foundation's tax identification number: 95-6042721. Grants from donor-advised funds to KPBS should be made payable to "SDSU Research Foundation for KPBS". The mailing address is:
5200 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-5400
You can give from your DAF in two ways:
1. Through your financial institution or foundation directly:
- Contact your financial institution or foundation by contacting them or granting online.
- Clients of Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon can easily make a designation to KPBS via the DAF Direct website.
2. Through your fund manager:
- Discuss your charitable giving plans with your fund manager or financial advisor and recommend the grant. They will initiate the transfer of funds to KPBS.*
*Please request that your name and address are included in any check documentation or wire transfer instructions so we can identify your KPBS account. You'd be surprised how often we receive DAF grants with no donor attribution!
(Please note that gifts from donor advised funds are not eligible to receive thank you items such as KPBS mugs, DVDs, books, etc).
Other Ways To Give
Is your corporation interested in making a difference in San Diego? Become a KPBS Corporate Sponsor and tap the marketing power of public media.
A legacy gift to KPBS through your will, trust or other planned gift will ensure that public broadcasting will continue to be enjoyed for generations to come.
Vehicle Donation Program
Funds from donated vehicles support quality educational and entertainment programs, as well as our various community outreach efforts.
Call (888) 399-5727
KPBS Public Media
5200 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182
KPBS is a not-for-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code section 501 C(3). San Diego State University Research Foundation Federal Tax ID Number: 956042721