Can You Pass The Test?
Thursday, April 24, 2008
1. & How many stripes are there on the U.S. flag?
10, 13, 50, 51
2. & Who is the chief justice of the Supreme Court today?
George W. Bush
John G. Roberts Jr.
3. & In what year was the Constitution written?
4. & Which of these is guaranteed by the First Amendment?
Freedom of the press
Right to bear arms
Right to happiness
Right to trial by jury
5. & How many Supreme Court justices are there?
3, 7, 10, & 13
6. & What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called?
The Bill of Rights
First 10 Amendments
Lewis & ldquo;Scooter & rdquo; Libby
7. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
July 4, 1776
July 4, 1787
July 4, 1812
July 4, 1876
8. & Which of the following amendments to the Constitution does not address or guarantee voting rights?
9. What are the 13 original states?
10. & What do the stripes on the U.S. flag mean?
One for each state in the Union
They represent the 13 original states
One for each article in the Constitution
11. & What is the introduction to the Constitution called?
The Bill of Rights
The Declaration of Independence
The Articles of Confederation
12. How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?
9, 10, 13, 27
13. & Which of the following is NOT one of the constitutional requirements to be eligible to become president?
Must be at least 35 years old by the time he/she will serve
Must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years
Must be a natural-born citizen of the United States
Must have served as a governor
14. & Who selects the Supreme Court justices?
The Electoral College
They are appointed by the president
15. & How many representatives are there in Congress?
50, 100, 102, 435
16. & Who said & ldquo;Give me liberty or give me death & rdquo;?
17. & Why did the Pilgrims come to America?
In search of gold
To meet the Indians
For religious freedom
To escape the Revolutionary War
18. & Who has the power to declare war?
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
19. & What INS form is used to apply to become a naturalized citizen?
Form N-200 & ldquo;Petition for Naturalization & rdquo;
N-400 & ldquo;Application for Naturalization & rdquo;
Social Security card
20. & Which of these contains three rights or freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights?
Right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness
Freedom of speech, press, religion
Right to protest, protection under the law, religion
Freedom of religion, right to elect representatives, human rights
- Citizen Voices blogger Trina Boice is an author and mother of four who lives in Carlsbad.
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.
Please stay on topic and be as concise as possible. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Community Discussion Rules. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.