skip to main content

Listen

Read

Watch

Schedules

Programs

Events

Give

Account

Donation Heart Ribbon

Camp Pendleton Marine Dies Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Video)

Video

Camp Pendleton Marine Dies Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Camp Pendleton Marine on leave died of carbon monoxide poisoning while visiting his girlfriend in Idaho. Pvt. McQuen Forbush, 18, was found unresponsive in his girlfriend's apartment Saturday afternoon, according to the Idaho Statesman, and was pronounced dead at the hospital early Sunday morning.

Forbush's mother told Idaho television station KTVB-TV that the water heater inside the apartment malfunctioned and was the source of the carbon monoxide.

In a horrible irony, the apartment did have a carbon monoxide detector, but it didn't have any batteries.

Forbush's loved ones have created a Facebook memorial page in his honor.

Please stay on topic and be as concise as possible. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Community Discussion Rules. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.

comments powered by Disqus