Weekend Preview: Theater
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Tom Fudge: Yellowman is a play about race. But it examines color differences among African Americans. The play also takes a serious look at how domestic violence can leave long-lasting emotional scars. Yellowman is critically acclaimed, and it is one of the plays you might consider seeing this weekend in San Diego.
Joining me for the weekend preview is Pat Launer, the KPBS theater critic.
- Yellowman is currently running at Cygnet Theater through February 11.
- Brooklyn Boy opens this weekend and runs through March 4, at the Lyceum Theater in downtown San Diego at Horton Plaza.
- Glengary Glen Ross opens at Sixth and Penn on February 9, and runs through March 18.
- Crimes of the Heart and Three Sisters open on February 10, and run through March 18, at the New Village Arts Theater in Carlsbad.
- Nipples to the Wind will play at the California Center for the Arts from February 1-3.
- PAT LAUNER , KPBS theater critic
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.