Do You Have Anything To Report From The Earthquake?

If you felt the earthquake, and have anything to report, we'd like to hear about it. Please post your comments below.

KPBS coverage of Easter Sunday's earthquake:

7.2 Earthquake Rocks Mexicali, San Diego Region

Quake's Biggest Impact Felt In Mexicali

Analysis: Aftermath of Mexicali Earthquake

Seismic Engineers Assess The Damage In San Diego

Calexico Business Owners Worry Quake Rattled Economy Further

Scientists Study Aftershocks To Watch For Increased Stress On San Andreas Fault

Earthquake A Reminder For San Diegans To Be Prepared

Comments

RachelBenavides | April 4, 2010 at 11:41 p.m. ― 4 years ago

We felt the earthquake strong here in Chula Vista. The house is old and it just rocked like a swing. I hope it didn't damage the water pipes or the walls. I was all alone at home like others. I like to know why the scienties didn't let us know about it hitting so we can be ready. They're suppose to know about these things before it hits. What's wrong with them. I hope that next time something shows up on television and let us know of such earthquakes.

RachelBenavides | April 4, 2010 at 11:48 p.m. ― 4 years ago

I'm so nervous. Now I can't sleep. I'm keeping watch so I can wake up my kids, just in case there's another one. So we can run outside. My chiquirrirris pulled on my leg pants to let me know to get out. But I sat on the side of my bed. Thank God it didn't make this old house fall on top of me. I'm all shook up. GOD BLESS US ALL!

jerhee | April 5, 2010 at 6:26 a.m. ― 4 years ago

My friend and I were doing some metalworking yesterday when the quake hit. We had finished a really tricky cut with the table saw about a minute before the quake hit. We were setting up the next cut when we felt the ground shaking, so we ran outside the garage into the middle of the street. We were fine and amazingly nothing in the shop fell over.

JonBoy | April 5, 2010 at 11:43 a.m. ― 4 years ago

I was at the SD zoo and was at the new polar bear exhibit and thought oh no I better move away from this glass thats holds them in and all this ice cold water. It was kind of exciting but I really felt for those on the sky safari tram ride as it shut down immediately and they had to stay up there for at least 20 mins looking down to a long fall. I hope I'm not on my motorcycle going fast on the freeway when the next big one hits.

I heard on weekend edition how we pump out from the earth billions of gallons of oil per day and wonder how that must effect the earth. We use it to lubricate to prevent friction and wonder why God has it there in the 1st place...maybe to lubricate too the plates. We sure are getting a lot earth-wide recently.

Disasters Are Nearing Their End http://www.watchtower.org/e/200709/article_03.htm

bourtney | April 5, 2010 at 12:11 p.m. ― 4 years ago

I live in a mobile home, so earthquakes are pretty intense. The quake hit when I was taking a nap... I stumbled into the living room to check on friends from Michigan that are staying with us, and found them outside, pacing. As I coaxed them back in, we heard a crash, and I found my griddle in pieces on my kitchen floor (I had stored it on top of the fridge). I learned my lesson - no more storing things in high places, and I'm going to earthquake-proof the house as best as I can.

isatorres | April 6, 2010 at 9:31 a.m. ― 4 years ago

My family and I were at Mission Bay Park. My mom and I were sitting on the cement bench, the kids were playing at the playground, one of my sisters was also by the playground and my other two sisters were sitting on on beach chairs chatting about 6 ft away from where I was. Everyone was just chilling. Then all of sudden I felt it. I was like glued to the bench because I couldn't move. I just began screaming. There was a man walking from the playground so he probably hadn't felt it yet till he saw me. Next thing I know he's sitting down. I saw parents grabbing their kids and hugging each other. All I remember doing besides screaming was raise my hands like when I'm praying at church, my mom hold my hand and if just felt like it got quiet and that everyone just froze. Next thing I knew it was over and I saw people texting and calling their loved ones. It just happened so fast but it felt like it lasted for minutes. I was glad that no one got hurt.

Forgot your password?