Connections and Resources
Friday, April 13, 2012
Beyond the Book: Connections and Resources
1. Films relating to Mexican American experience:
• Beyond the Border by Ari Lopez Palos
• El Chogüi: a Mexican immigrant story by Félix Zurita
• Rights on the Line: Vigilantes on the Border by Tamaryn Nelson
• Super Cocina 3627 University Ave 619-584-6244
• Rudy’s Taco Shop 524 Stevens Ave 858-755-0788
• Tacos El Paisa 3096 National Ave
• El Comal 3946 Illinois St 619-294-8292
• Mama Testa 1417 University Ave
• The Devils Highway: A True Story by Luis Alberto Urrea
• The Hummingbird’s Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea
• Across The Wire: Life and Hard Times on the Mexican Border by Luis Alberto Urrea
4. Supplemented Articles:
• KPBS article: “Arrests Along Border Fewest in 40 Years”
• KPBS segement & article: “1 in 100 Border Security Agents Under Investigation:”
• KPBS article: “Hate Crimes Against Latinos Rise In California:”
5. One Book, One San Diego Survey
Let us know your thoughts about One Book here!
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.
Please stay on topic and be as concise as possible. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Community Discussion Rules. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.