Our Border: A Dialogue on San Diego's Future
Envision San Diego hosts "Our Border: A Dialogue on San Diego's Future." This town hall discussion invites thirteen panelists to explore the impact of U.S.-Mexico border policy on the region.
These Days rebroadcasts the Envision San Diego immigration forum called “Our Border: A Dialogue on San Diego's Future.” Thirteen panelists – from the leader of the San Diego Minutemen to the Mexican General Consul – are invited to discuss six different aspects of our border: the history of immigration, the immigration process, jobs, security, social services, and national identity.
The discussion is followed by an analysis from Lee Swanson, producer of the forum.
- Ruben Navarrette , Syndicated columnist and member of the Editorial Board of the San Diego Union-Tribune
- TJ Bonner , President of the National Border Patrol Council
- Denise Ducheny , Democratic State Senator, representing San Diego County
- Luis Cabrera , Mexican Consul General for San Diego County
- Lilia Velasquez , Immigration Attorney and a professor at California Western School of Law
- Claudia Smith , Executive Director of the California Legal Rural Assistance Foundation
- David Shirk , Director of the Trans-border Institute at USD
- Wayne Cornelius , Founding director of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies at UCSD
- Andy Ramirez , Chairman of "Friends of the Border Patrol"
- Peter Nunez , Former U.S. Attorney in San Diego
- Sam Abed , Member of the Escondido City Council
- Jeff Schwilk , Founder of the San Diego Minutemen
- Lee Swanson , producer of Envision San Diego’s forum “Our Border: A Dialogue on San Diego's Future.”