Rants and Raves: ‘Attack the Block’

Vote to Bring Brit Com to San Diego

Above: Nick Frost in "Attack the Block."

I missed the press screening of "Attack the Block" and then missed the Comic-Con panel. Please don't let me miss the film. Here's how you can help.

I am making a call to action. Even though I have not seen "Attack the Block," the mere fact that Edgar Wright is a producer and that the trailer is hilarious is enough to make me want to see the film. But here's the deal. The studio opened the small indie film in a few select cities and is now mounting a FaceBook Campaign to get people to vote on which cities will be lucky enough to have the film rollout to include them. According to the press release: "Starting today, fans can vote on 'Attack the Block’s' official Facebook page for their city to be the chosen 15th market in which the film will open in on August 19th. The cities up for consideration are: Philadelphia, Detroit, Miami, Houston, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Portland, Cleveland, and Minneapolis. Results will be posted on the movie’s Facebook page after voting has closed on Friday, August 5th at 12 pm PST."

So please go to FaceBook and vote for San Diego.

The film is about a group of British teenagers that help fight off an alien invasion. Here's the trailer.

Hope that's enough to win your support too. Thank you!

Comments

The0ne | August 2, 2011 at 3:10 p.m. ― 3 years ago

Thanks, I'm signing up! :) hope you do this more often with films you think deserve to be shown here. Great effort!

The0ne | August 2, 2011 at 3:14 p.m. ― 3 years ago

I can't believe it, Michigan has almost twice the votes! Come on San Diego!

Missionaccomplished | August 4, 2011 at 7:22 a.m. ― 3 years ago

So either the facebook page or the website?

Beth Accomando, KPBS Staff | August 5, 2011 at 12:59 p.m. ― 3 years ago

Both should take you to the place to vote. Thanks!

merelyanode | August 6, 2011 at 5 p.m. ― 3 years ago

I got to see the screening and feel sorry all y'all who missed it. It stands out as one the top highlights of years of attending Comic-Con. I can't see how it can miss being at least a minor box-office winner, but I'm gonna vote on FB just in case...

Beth Accomando, KPBS Staff | August 8, 2011 at 12:06 p.m. ― 3 years ago

I'm so jealous! Thanks for voting though.

ArthouseGuy | August 9, 2011 at 12:18 a.m. ― 3 years ago

Darn it, Phoenix won. Well at least some of my FB friends voted for SD.