The Producers Club is a diverse group of philanthropic individuals and families committed to sustaining KPBS' ability to reach beyond the status quo — on television, on radio, and online. Producers Club members share the distinction of being KPBS' most generous annual contributors, giving $1,200 or more each year to strengthen the impact of public broadcasting. More importantly, they are our counselors and ambassadors. They enable KPBS to expand its vision of excellence, to develop new programs, and to employ cutting-edge telecommunications technologies to find innovative ways of better serving San Diego residents.
Producers Club Committee (pictured, from left): President Kitty Wolcott and members Julie Hatch, Kathy Bettles and Patti Nussbaum.
Producers Club members enjoy many special benefits, including By-Invitation-Only events with on air personalities, advance notice of upcoming projects and programs of special interest and more.
August 19, 21, 26, 28 - Estate Planning 101, a free estate planning education workshop series at CSU San Marcos; 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; Free workshop event - more dates and locations available.
Friday, August 29 - KPBS LunchHour with Justin Brooks, Director of the California Innocence Project - a law school clinical program dedicated to releasing wrongfully convicted inmates - at the The San Diego Foundation at Liberty Station, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.; Free event - a bring your own lunch, brown-bag event.
Thursday, September 4 - Tour and lunch of the Gemological Institute of America the gem study headquarters in Carlsbad, 10:30 - 1:00 p.m.; $10 per person
Thursday, September 18 - Art in the Evening Lecture and Reception with El Lissitzky: Futurist Portfolios at the Timken Museum of Art, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.; $30 per person. RSVP to (619) 239-5548 x 102 or email@example.com. Note: This event is hosted by the Timken Museum of Art, please direct questions and RSVPs to the contact above.
Saturday, November 22 - Ira Glass LIVE matinee performance at the Balboa Theatre, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.; Cost varies based on membership level.
Wednesday, December 3 - KPBS Friends for Life Annual Appreciation Luncheon at The University Club atop Symphony Towers; 12 – 2 p.m.; Free event exclusive for Friends for Life members.
Producers Club Levels
Silver Level ($1,200-2,499):
- Chrome "Producers Club" license plate frame with "KPBS" in color.
- Invitations to special KPBS events, including receptions, parties, screenings and exclusive Producers Club events with NPR, PBS, and KPBS personalities.
- Discounted tickets to community and art events.
- A private tour of KPBS Studios for you and your guests led by the General Manager.
- Name recognition on the Producers Club recognition wall in the KPBS Copley Telecommunications Center and on KPBS.org.
- Advance notice of upcoming projects and programs of special interest.
- Exclusive myKPBS Savers Club Card, which entitles you to discounts on fine dining and to arts and leisure activities.
- 100% cotton polo shirt with embroidered KPBS Producers Club logo (available in men’s & women’s styles & various sizes).
- An invitation to the New Members' Reception with On-Air personalities.
Gold Level ($2,500-4,999):
- All Silver Level benefits.
- Exclusive invitations to exclusive Gold Level Producers Club member events, including special lunches and dinners with on-air personalities.
- An invitation to the General Manager's briefing on upcoming programs, projects and new technologies.
- Discounted and complimentary tickets to community and art events.
Platinum Level ($5,000-9,999):
- All Gold Level benefits.
- Exclusive invitations to Platinum Level Producers Club member events, including special lunches and dinners with on-air personalities.
- Program underwriting credit on KPBS.org.
- Opportunity to watch live radio and television broadcasts in our studios.
- Opportunities to appear on KPBS Television and Radio during membership campaigns.
Executive Producers Club ($10,000+):
- All Platinum Level benefits.
- Thank You - KPBS Executive Producers Club - "Together We Cover the World" paperweight engraved on a crystal base and Caribbean blue globe with semi-precious stones.
- An exclusive dinner with the General Manager.
- Complimentary tickets for special KPBS ticketed events of your choice.
- Quarterly updates from the General Manager.
- Invitations to exclusive KPBS Executive Producers Club member events, including special lunches and dinners with on-air personalities.
- Opportunity to tape a personal testimonial on radio that identifies you and promotes Producers Club upcoming events.
The PC Post
The Producers Club e-Newsletter
Federal Tax ID
KPBS is a not-for-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code section 501 C(3). San Diego State University Research Foundation Federal Tax ID Number: 956042721
If you have questions regarding your membership, contact Member Services by calling 619-594-6983 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toll-free: (888) 399-5727