Live Radio Stream Help
Alternate Streaming Pages
KPBS streams in MP3 and AAC formats to enable listening from your computer. If you cannot use the audio player on this page, try using one of the alternate methods listed below.
Media Player Access
A variety of desktop media players, including iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp and others, can utilize the files included below to access our live radio stream. These files will not play directly in your web browser, but will need to be opened by your media application. In most cases, you can click on the link to download a small file, and then open that file with your desktop media application. File types are listed next to each link.
- Windows Media Player (.asx files): KPBS Radio | Classical San Diego - These files play in Windows Media Player. The source is in MP3 format.
- iTunes / Winamp / VLC (.pls files): KPBS Radio | Classical San Diego - These files will play in iTunes, Winamp, VLC Player or others that accept AAC audio.
- Generic Audio Player (.m3u files): KPBS Radio m3u - m3u files are generic and most desktop media players should be able to access them.
KPBS content is also re-streamed by Tune-in.com and you can listen via their web portal:
Smartphone and Tablet Access
If you are using a tablet or smartphone, there are also smartphone and tablet apps available:
For Tune-in applications, you will need to search for "KPBS" or enter our station id: 34633.
If you use an Internet radio, enter the following address as the streaming source:
- KPBS Radio: http://kpbs.streamguys.tv
- Classical San Diego: http://kpbs-classical.streamguys.tv
Having Problems Listening to our stream?
If none of these options are working for you, please send us an email describing the issue you are having.
Please note the time the interruption occurred and how long you had been listening when the stream was interrupted.
Streaming provided by StreamGuys