Live Radio Streaming Help
How to Use the KPBS Player
The KPBS Player will not auto-start on its own. To play, pause or change volume, you can either use your mouse (click "play"), or use the following keyboard controls:
- Spacebar: Play/Pause the stream
- Backspace: Mute/Unmute the stream
- Up Arrow: Volume Up
- Down Arrow: Volume Down
Even though the KPBS Player has been extensively tested, some users may experience difficulties due to 1) network-connectivity issues, 2) anti-virus software, or 3) possibly from using an outdated browser
If you are having difficulties listening to the KPBS Livestream for these or other reasons, KPBS offers alternate ways of consuming the stream, which are described below.
Alternate Streaming Pages
KPBS offers two alternate livestream pages:
KPBS streams can also be accessed at TuneIn.com:
Smartphone and Tablet Access
For tablet or smartphone users, apps are available:
For TuneIn applications, you will need to search for "KPBS" or enter our station id: 34633.
Media Player Access
A variety of desktop media players, including iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp and others, can utilize the files included below to access our live radio stream.
These files will not play directly in your web browser, but will need to be opened by your media application. Click on the link to download a small file, and then open that file with your desktop media application. File types are listed next to each link.
- Windows Media Player (.asx files): KPBS Radio | Classical San Diego - These files play in Windows Media Player.
- iTunes / Winamp / VLC (.pls files): KPBS Radio | Classical San Diego - These files will play in iTunes, Winamp, VLC Player or others that accept AAC audio.
- Generic Audio Player (.m3u files): KPBS Radio | Classical San Diego - These files are generic and most desktop media players should be able to play them.
If you use an Internet radio, enter the following address as the streaming source:
- KPBS Radio: http://kpbs.streamguys.tv
- Classical San Diego: http://kpbs-classical.streamguys.tv
KPBS streaming and programs are available through most smart speaker devices.
If you use an Alexa product, you can enable the following skills to access KPBS:
Still Having Problems Listening to our stream?
If none of these options are working for you, please send us an email describing the issue you are having.
Please note the time the interruption occurred and how long you had been listening when the stream was interrupted.
Streaming provided by StreamGuys