GREAT DECISIONS IN FOREIGN POLICY: India & Pakistan
Airs Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. on KPBS TV + Stream on YouTube
With an unprecedented parliamentary majority behind him, can Indian President Narendra Modi deliver on the economic promises that carried him to power?
- Barbara Crossette, United Nations Correspondent, The Nation
- Alexis Crow, U.S. Advisory, Lead Geopolitical Investing Group, PwC
- Vishakha Desai, Senior Adviser for Global Affairs, Columbia University
- Rush Doshi, Director, China Strategy Initiative, Brookings Institution
- Amb. Husain Haqqani, Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. (2008–2011)
- Pres. Masood Khan, President of Azad Kashmir
- Arvind Panagariya, Professor of Economics, Columbia University
- Sanjay Puri, Chairman and Founder, U.S. India Political Action Committee
- Ben Rhodes, Dep. U.S. National Security Advisor (2009–2017)
- Sen. James Risch (R-ID)
- Richard Rossow, Wadhwani Chair, Center for Strategic and Int'l Studies
- Vikram Singh, Asia Program Senior Advisor, U.S. Institute of Peace
- Shyama Venkateswar, Distinguished Lecturer, Hunter College
- Amb. Richard Verma, U.S. Ambassador to India (2015–2017)
- Amb. Frank Wisner, U.S. Ambassador to India (1994–1997)
Watch On Your Schedule:
While schools are closed during the COVID-19 public health crisis, Foreign Policy Association will make the digital edition of the GREAT DECISIONS television series available to students and the public on YouTube.
About The Series:
GREAT DECISIONS is America's largest discussion program on world affairs. The program model involves reading the GREAT DECISIONS Briefing Book, watching the DVD and meeting in a discussion group to discuss the most critical global issues facing America today. Here are some resources for bringing your discussion groups online.