PATI’S MEXICAN TABLE: Season 3
Stream or tune in Saturdays, April 10 - May 29 & June 26, 2021 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV
Season 3 of PATI’S MEXICAN TABLE continues its exploration of the simple, approachable, mouth-watering dishes and ingredients that fuel chef and cookbook author Pati Jinich’s cuisine.
This season, Pati uncovers Chinese, Italian and American twists on Mexican cooking, south-of-the-border seafood specialties, and hearty street food. In field pieces taped throughout Mexico, Pati enjoys family time in Mexico City, savors empanadas in Patzcuaro, shops for arts and crafts in Tzintzunzan, watches the action at a Mexican rodeo, and visits a piñata maker in Morelia.
Back in the U.S., Pati creates quick-and-easy family meals, fun party treats and special cocktails for a variety of occasions — from a romantic dinner to a neighborhood party. She also visits Eataly in New York City for some culinary inspiration, and welcomes acclaimed chefs Ming Tsai (SIMPLY MING) and Fabio Viviani (TOP CHEF) into her kitchen.
Episode 1:“Born in the Kitchen” airs Saturday, April 10 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Pati travels to Mexico City to reconnect with her father and help him cook one of her favorite childhood meals: Huevos a la Mexicana. Back in her own kitchen, she'll use that visit as inspiration to cook a few dishes that she remembers fondly from childhood, and then passes on the tradition by cooking dessert with her youngest son, Juju.
- Recipe 1: Shredded Flank Steak with Potatoes in Green Salsa
- Recipe 2: Mexican Rice with Prawns
- Recipe 3: Orange Vanilla Flan
Episode 2: “Pati's Texican” airs Saturday, April 17 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Inspired by her years living in Texas, Pati creates a series of dishes that combine her passion for Mexican cuisine and her favorite foods of America's Lone Star State. Her oldest son, Alan, who was born in Texas and is fully Tex-Mex, joins her in the kitchen.
- Recipe 1: Tex-Mex Chili
- Recipe 2: Poblano, Bacon and Cheddar Skillet Corn Bread
- Recipe 3: Mexican Chocolate Doughnuts
Episode 3: “My Three Favorite Boys” airs Saturday, April 24 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - This episode is all about Pati's boys - it's time for a little mother-son bonding. First, Pati takes Alan, Sami and Juju to their favorite place to have fun. Then for lunch, the boys will pick their favorite dishes that their mom makes. The only hitch? They have to give Pati a hand as she prepares each dish.
- Recipe 1: Alphabet Soup
- Recipe 2: Molletes, Grilled Cheese and Bean Heroes
- Recipe 3: Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Recipe 4: Dulce de Leche (Cajeta) Cheesecake
Episode 4: “Meals in a Minute” airs Saturday, May 1 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Pati is a busy mom on the go. If you're a mom that likes to cook for your family AND take your kids to school, practice and everywhere else, you need a few quick and easy meals in your arsenal. Pati's oldest sister, Karen, shares a few tips as they visit her favorite restaurant in Mexico City. Then back at home, Pati shows us some of her go-to weekly dishes.
- Recipe 1: Tortilla Soup
- Recipe 2: Tuna Casserole
- Recipe 3: Triply Limey Pound Cake
- Recipe 4: Papaya Relish
Episode 5: “Family Fiesta” airs Saturday, May 8 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Everyone knows that Mexican food is great for a party. In this episode, Pati invites a few of her son's friends (and their parents) over to her house and makes some of her popular fiesta dishes - perfect for any party! In Mexico, she travels to the town of Quiroga, known as the Carnitas Capital of the World, where she'll show us one of her absolute favorite treats: The REAL Mexican Gazpacho!
- Recipe 1: Carnitas
- Recipe 2: Salsa Verde with Avocado
- Recipe 3: Morelia-Style Gazpacho Salad
- Recipe 4: Grilled Pineapple Margarita
Episode 6: “American Classics, My Way” airs Saturday, May 15 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Pati takes a few classic American meals and gives them an exotic, yet homey, Mexican twist. Plus, take a look as Pati helps make, and then devours, one of Mexico's famed hot dogs at Richard's in Morelia.
- Recipe 1: Mac ‘N Cheese Mexicano
- Recipe 2: Chipotle Agave Chicken Wings
- Recipe 3: Extreme Brownies with Caramelized Pecans
Episode 7: “Sugar for Hubby” airs Saturday, May 22 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - When you're a busy mom to three boys AND you have a job, you have to make an effort to set aside time for just you and the hubby. So today, Pati is preparing a special meal for a date night with her husband, Dany. And since he LOVES seafood, she's going to make seafood dishes for their romantic night in. A trip down to the state of Michoacan, where Pati meets the "Butterfly Net Fishermen," helps with the inspiration.
- Recipe 1: Shrimp Cocktail Pacifico
- Recipe 2: Rodrigo-Style Fish
- Recipe 3: Nana José’s Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cake
Episode 8: “Asian Influences In Mexican Cooking” airs Saturday, May 29 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - Latin-Asian fusion is hot right now, but Asian immigrants have been influencing traditional Mexican cuisine for centuries. Pati goes food shopping with her good friend, Chef Janet Yu, and gets inspired to create a menu full of Asian-influenced Mexican meals.
- Recipe 1: Amaranth and Panko Crispy Chicken with a Sweet and Spicy Crema Dipping Sauce
- Recipe 2: Green Beans with Peanuts and Chile de Arbol
- Recipe 3: Five-Spice Pecan Plum Empanadas
- Recipe 4: Sriracha Mezcal Cocktail
Episode 9: “Pot Luck Party” airs Saturday, June 26 at 3 p.m. on KPBS TV - It’s Pot Luck Party day at Pati’s house! Today, she’s having some friends over and this time everyone’s contributing to the meal — no one shows up empty-handed. Pati also welcomes home design expert, Sabrina Soto, who is bringing along one of her favorite Cuban recipes.
- Recipe 1: Michelada Bar
- Recipe 2: Crab, Cucumber and Jicama Salad
- Recipe 3: Papa Rellenas with Avocado Sauce
- Recipe 4: Beef Barbacoa Sliders
- Recipe 5: Drunken Salsa
Episode 10: “Brunch At The Jinich House” airdate TBA - Breakfast is Mexico’s favorite meal, and it’s also the Jinich family’s favorite! It’s Sunday, and Pati is up early in the kitchen as the rest of the family sleeps in. She’s hard at work creating a full, three-course menu of some of her family’s preferred Mexican breakfast dishes to enjoy ‘round the table on a lazy morning.
- Recipe 1: Café de Olla: Spiced Sweet Mexican Coffee
- Recipe 2: Mexican-Style Gravlax with Cilantro and Tequila
- Recipe 3: Huevos Rancheros with Calabacitas (Zucchini)
- Recipe 4: Caballeros Pobres: Yucatán-Style French Toast
Episode 11: “Mexitaliani” airdate TBA - Pati has tons of fun in her kitchen creating a full menu featuring the perfect blend of Italian and Mexican cuisines, two styles that have managed to mingle in Mexican homes for centuries.
- Recipe 1: Fish over Fennel Salad with a Jalapeño and Olive Salsa
- Recipe 2: Guajillo and Garlic Pasta
- Recipe 3: Cucumber Martini
Episode 12: “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” airdate TBA - Pati invites a few of her girlfriends over for a much needed “girls’ night in.” But these girls are here to GRILL! Grilling isn’t just a guy thing — Pati’s got a great outdoor grill, and she’s gonna put it to work by cooking up a mouth-watering menu of Mexican food with a BBQ twist. One of Pati’s sisters shows up to help her mix some drinks too!
- Recipe 1: Honey Chipotle Ribs
- Recipe 2: Spinning Top Cocktail
- Recipe 3: Mango Guacamole with Grilled Tortilla Wedges
- Recipe 4: Grilled Romaine and Red Bell Peppers with Ancho Chile Vinaigrette and Cheese
Episode 13: “My Piñata Party” airdate TBA - What better way to end the season than with a big party? Pati throws a neighborhood bash and cooks up the easiest and best Mexican-themed dishes that would be a huge hit at any party. And what better accessory to a Mexican fiesta than a giant piñata? Pati also gets the chance to visit a piñata maker in the central market of Morelia.
- Recipe 1: Watermelon, Tomatillo and Mozzarella Skewers with Mint-Agave Syrup
- Recipe 2: Red Pozole with Traditional Garnishes
- Recipe 3: Mixed Melon, Lime and Coconut Agua Fresca
- Recipe 4: Tres Leches and Strawberry Mexican Gelatin Dessert
Watch On Your Schedule:
Episodes are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.
Watch video on Pati's YouTube Channel.
With the PBS Video App, you can stream your favorite and local station shows. Download it for free on your favorite device. The app allows you to catch up on recent episodes and discover award-winning shows.
Visit Pati Online:
Read her blog, check out her cookbook, and get recipes from the series.
Connect With Pati:
Pati Jinich is on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and you can follow @PatiJinich on Twitter. #PatisMexicanTable
Distributed by American Public Television.