Dr. David Perlmutter's Whole Life Plan
Airs Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018 at 12:30 p.m. & Sunday, Dec. 9 at 7 a.m. on KPBS TV
This program is part of our TV Membership Campaign. Support quality programming you depend on from KPBS. Give now!
You can choose your health destiny:
- Effortless weight loss
- Freedom from neurological disorders and other chronic conditions
- Boundless energy
- A radiant appearance
- Sound sleep
- A happy belly
- A robust immune system
- Relief from depression and anxiety
- A sharp, fast-thinking brain
- A great sense of self-confidence and well-being
- A super-high quality of life
These are all terrific goals, and who wouldn’t want to achieve them?
But such monumental accomplishments don’t come without hard work and sacrifices.
You can’t necessarily turn away from the standard American diet — bread, soda, OJ, sugar, cereal, muffins, bagels, processed foods—and embrace a totally gluten-free, low-carb lifestyle overnight.
It takes commitment. It takes effort. But it’s doable with the plan outlined in this program.
Now the time has come to bring these two forces together in a highly practical, step-by-step holistic lifestyle program based on Dr Perlmutter’s latest New York Times bestseller, “The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan.”
Welcome to “Dr. Perlmutter’s Whole Life Plan.”
Dr. Perlmutter puts his ideas into practice in the real world to show you that living your best life is about much more than what you put in your mouth.
It expands upon the core advice in his previous programs and introduces exciting new information about the advantages of eating more fat and fiber, consuming fewer carbs and protein, evicting gluten forever, and catering to your intestinal flora.
Food is a central component of the program, but so are other key aspects to achieving the best results:
- The timing of when you eat, sleep, and exercise
- Knowing which supplements to take and which medications to potentially drop
- Reducing daily stress and even chemical exposures in your physical environment
- Nurturing relationships and your own self-care
- Addressing the challenges in life with grace and ease
- Routinely creating goals for your personal development
- Finding time for the kinds of physical activities that power the brain while healing the body
The program offers nutritional and health advice that’s been validated over and over again in the scientific literature, but also more extensive science has emerged.
Even the U.S. government has modified its dietary guidelines to reflect this research, backing away from endorsing low-fat, low-cholesterol diets.
This is anything but a new diet plan or just another diet.
“Dr. Perlmutter’s Whole Life Plan” gives you a jump-start to a healthy way of living that you will be able to sustain indefinitely.