Quinn OwenNewsroom Assistant
As a former newsroom assistant, Quinn Owen provided administrative and production support to the news team. In addition to his role at KPBS, Quinn worked as the Assistant Digital Content Editor at The Daily Aztec, San Diego State University’s independent student newspaper.
The San Diego nonprofit is encouraging residents affected by the storm to vote in person if they no longer have access to their mail-in ballots.
The Aspen Challenge comes to San Diego for the first time. More than 150 high school students are teamed up to design solutions for critical problems in their community.
Jessica Calix lost her home and Natalie Gill's shop was flooded by the Jan. 22 deluge. KPBS talked to both of them to see how they're doing one month later.
Ten years after overcoming community opposition, Veterans Affairs says almost 1,000 post-9/11 veterans have benefited from the Aspire Center.
Researchers say they have used gene therapy to stop sperm production in mice, with no effect on libido and a return to fertility when treatment is stopped.
- Doctors didn't think much of her cough. A nurse practitioner did and changed her life
- City of Carlsbad declares another storm-related emergency
- San Diego agrees to annual greenhouse gas reduction targets in landmark climate deal
- 'Bracelets for Bancroft' raises money for victims of the recent floods
- San Diego communities prepare for CBP drop-offs after Migrant Welcome Center closure