Tarryn MentoHealth Reporter
Tarryn Mento served as KPBS' health reporter. She had previously worked as the multimedia producer for MetroFocus at WNET in New York City. She was also a Pulliam Fellow at the Arizona Republic. Tarryn has reported from three countries and in two languages. Her work has been published by The Washington Post, the Center for Public Integrity’s iWatch News, and El Nuevo Herald. She completed her master's degree at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University, where she was named a Carnegie-Knight News 21 Fellow. A native of Syracuse, N.Y., Tarryn completed her undergraduate education in journalism at SUNY-Albany.
Researchers in upstate New York are working to rehome some tiny, rare snails. Understanding their decline could help mitigate broader climate changes.
- Primary Election 2024: Measure A
- Migrants left on San Diego streets after Welcome Center closure
- 'A fabulous ambassador' Flaco, the beloved New York owl, died after building collision
- A new start for Bancroft Elementary after a month of flood damage repairs
- How Portugal eased its opioid epidemic, while U.S. drug deaths skyrocketed