City News Service
MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
The plea bargain came one day after the San Diego City Council voted 7- 2 to approve a deal for Jason Hughes, 55, to pay back the money he received from landlord Cisterra Development for facilitating the deals.
An aftershock measuring 3.0 occurred in roughly the same location just after 8 a.m.
The results of a Port of San Diego study released in January regarding the carbon sequestering properties of San Diego Bay's eelgrass suffered from a decimal error overestimating the impact by a factor of 10.
A winter weather advisory was in effect until 5 a.m. Thursday for San Diego County mountain communities.
A man who coordinated a human smuggling operation that led to an Imperial County crash that killed 13 people and injured several others pleaded guilty in San Diego federal court on Tuesday.
A tour stop for Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band has been added in San Diego, one of two new shows announced Tuesday.
MORE STORIES FEATURING WORK BY THIS AUTHOR
California has been battered by 10 previous atmospheric rivers this winter.
The latest in-custody death comes on the heels of news that a sheriff’s deputy was arrested for allegedly having illegal drugs on county jail property.
Officials with the U.S. Department of Transportation issued a statement in response to Southwest's cancellations, noting that the department will be looking into the situation.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- The Fed raises interest rates again despite the stress hitting the banking system
- New San Diego-based pageant seeks 'Miss California Extraordinaire'
- Formerly homeless man gets people housed and off the streets in Chula Vista
- Demonstrations, protests mark first day of LA school strike
- Uh-oh. A new tropical mosquito has come to Florida. The buzz it's creating isn't good