MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
California legislators have passed a slew of laws to protect abortion rights. But after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, many fear attempting to regulate “crisis pregnancy centers” is legally risky.
To fight the skyrocketing cost of insulin, California is using multiple tactics, including making its own generic versions.
Gov. Gavin Newsom is proposing to shift more money to housing severely mentally ill homeless people.
It’s not clear how the decision might affect those enrolled in Medi-Cal, the state’s health insurance program for low-income residents. Walgreens is a key provider of prescriptions for the program.
As public health funding winds down, gaps in vaccination rates are increasing. Particularly for booster doses, the gap among racial and ethnic groups is widening significantly.
State health officials last year launched a first-ever competitive bidding process for its Medi-Cal insurance contracts, aiming to implement higher standards. But when the winners were announced, several insurers complained about the process and potential impact on patient care.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- ER doctors question the safety of electric bikes and scooters
- Walk Audit' finds problems for pedestrians and bicyclists near the Nobel Drive trolley station
- Boomer, Point La Jolla beaches to close year-round for sea lions
- A former Navy SEAL went to college at 52. His insight led to a new class
- These habits can cut the risk of depression in half, a new study finds