I’m Dennis Ridz and I am running for City Council.
I will protect your neighborhoods from over-development. I will fight for your fair share of funding for libraries, parks, roads, fire and police. I will balance the budget and protect taxpayer money.
My skills in management for Johnson and Johnson - including accounting, finance, and system operations - will be put to work for you and the communities I love.
I have the experience to represent you as your City Councilman:
- Appointed a Commissioner by County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price to the Redistricting Census Committee
- Appointed by SANDAG Board of Directors to serve as the North Coastal Community representative to the SANDAG 2050 Regional Transportation Plan
- Elected twice to the Torrey Pines Community Planning Board
- As Chairman of the Planning Board, developed response to Draft Environmental Impact Reports issued by Caltrans – I-5 North Coast Corridor, SANDAG 2050 RTP, and Del Mar Fairground’s Master Plan
- Issued Board response to the Del Mar Union School District, opposing closure of the Del Mar Hills Academy
- Worked with Carmel Valley Community Board, supporting Proposition C, providing for Pacific Highlands Ranch future expansion
- Worked on and supported Senator Kehoe's Bill 468, which enacted legislation limiting the scope of Caltrans impactful I-5 NCC project