Nick BlumbergPublic Insight Journalist
Public Insight Journalist Nick Blumberg (Phoenix) has served as an Associate Producer for KJZZ’s Here and Now, a news and public affairs talk show covering the Phoenix area. He grew up on the far North Side of Chicago, and has been a news junkie as long as he can remember. He moved to Arizona to attend the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University, graduating magna cum laude. He was part of the Murrow and PRNDI-award winning team at KJZZ that covered Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 anti-immigration law throughout 2010. His passions include pop culture, art and big dogs.
MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
Just days after 19 sons and husbands were killed on the job in Yarnell, people from around the country came together for a massive public memorial.
Thirty-two felons were released from custody by Immigration and Customs Enforcement earlier this year, according to a Senate subcommittee.
When Arizona or Texas want to change any part of their election process, they have to run it by the U.S. Justice Department — that means everything from redistricting maps to voter ID laws to moving or closing a precinct. A case before the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday argues that Justice Department oversight has outlived its usefulness.
How emotional are journalists allowed to get?
Do reporters do too much reporting on reports? A reporter weighs in.
Just HOW does public radio make everyone sound so erudite? Read on for some of the secrets.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Doc Todd, a rapper who helped other veterans feel 'Not Alone,' dies at 38
- Republican-led Texas House impeaches state Attorney General Ken Paxton
- 2 more Oath Keepers are sentenced to prison terms for the Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Kuumba Fest to be held in new Black Arts and Culture District — a triumph three decades in the making
- Can multivitamins improve memory? A new study shows 'intriguing' results