The exhibit was scheduled to wind down at the end of December but has been extended with community support.
Federal government increased funding for environmental justice efforts. But it can be hard for organizations to access that funding.
KPBS reporter Katie Hyson spoke with San Diego Public Library Director Misty Jones about the protest and challenges to book access.
Sign up for our newsletters!
Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS.
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- San Diego communities prepare for CBP drop-offs after Migrant Welcome Center closure
- A lack of base housing is forcing Navy sailors to live on ships, even when they're home in the U.S.
- San Diego Zoo expecting giant pandas from China
- San Diego librarians’ work now involves battling censorship
- Ex-SDSU punter Matt Araiza returns to NFL, signs with Super Bowl champs Kansas City Chiefs