Police: At Least 13 Dead In Navy Yard Shooting (Video)
Monday, September 16, 2013
Law enforcement officials say two shooters could be responsible for the deaths of at least 13 people at the Washington Navy Yard this morning.
Metropolitan DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier confirmed to reporters at a news conference held about 2 p.m. EDT that 12 people were killed in the rampage.
Lanier said earlier in the day that one of the alleged shooters is dead. He has been identified as Aaron Alexis, 34, of Fort Worth, Texas.
The police chief said at the time there were two other "possible shooters" at large. However, one of those men - a white male wearing a military-style uniform - has been cleared and is no longer a suspect.
The other potential shooter was described by Lanier as black male between the ages of 40 and 50, in an olive drab military-style uniform. Lanier described him as 5'10", 180 pounds, with gray sideburns.
NBC News reports as many as 15 people were wounded in the attack, including two law enforcement officers.
There is no known motive for the shootings at this time.
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.