RECENT STORIES ON KPBS
The deal was announced after days of speculation over where the unique, two-way star would continue his career after six seasons with the Los Angeles Angels.
The centuries-old Omari Mosque, Gaza's oldest, was badly damaged in an Israeli strike. An Israeli official told NPR it was targeted because militants were using a tunnel near the structure.
NPR's Scott Simon remembers television producer Norman Lear, who died this week at age 101.
Although not as well known as contemporaries like Dalí and Ernst, Fini was part of every major Surrealist exhibition. And her personal life was almost as fantastic as her Surrealist art.
This group ranges from a fabulous collection by contemporary, neurodiverse artists to Milton Glaser's pop art, and Aino and Alvar Aalto's Finnish modernist designs to a survey of Islamic architecture.
The United Arab Emirates is a major oil producing nation, and that's drawing attention to the role oil and gas has at this year's COP28 climate negotiations.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Hanukkah brings a new and stronger menorah to SDSU's Chabad House
- San Diego weekend arts events: Evan Apodaca, Sew Loka, 'El Mesías' and more
- Unique ways Americans celebrate the holidays, from skiing Santas to Festivus feats
- Chula Vista City Council strips embattled Cardenas of prominent SANDAG seat
- Lisa Jones chosen as next CEO of San Diego Housing Commission