RECENT STORIES ON KPBS
The National Retail Federation says retail theft cost the industry more than $112 billion in 2022, but crime statistics show theft is actually down.
Operations are mostly back to normal at Oceanside’s Tri-City Medical Center after a cybersecurity attack. The incident lasted more than a week earlier this month.
The exhibit was scheduled to wind down at the end of December but has been extended with community support.
Premieres Friday, Dec. 1, 2023 at 8 p.m. o KPBS 2 / PBS App + Encore Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m. on KPBS 2. AUSTIN CITY LIMITS presents selected performances from the 22nd Annual Americana Awards & Honors, recorded live in Nashville.
Saturday, Dec. 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. on KPBS TV and 7 p.m. on KPBS 2 and Sunday, Dec. 24 at 5:30 a.m. on KPBS TV (Not available in the PBS App). Join the world's best-selling soprano for her first-ever Christmas special. Breathing new life into holiday classics and festive fan favorites of the season, Sarah is joined by guests Andrew Lloyd Webber, Aled Jones and choir Gregorian.
Officials say a new state-of-the-art child care center on Marine Corps Air Station Miramar will help with long waitlists — as long as they can fully staff it.
- Derek Chauvin, officer convicted of George Floyd's murder, was stabbed in prison
- U.S. airlines lose 2 million suitcases a year. Where do they all go?
- A rare treat: a painting by Renaissance master Titian is on display at a high school
- Hamas says it wants to extend truce after latest exchange of captives with Israel
- In pictures: emotional scenes as Israel and Hamas trade prisoners for hostages