skip to main content

Listen

Read

Watch

Schedules

Programs

Events

Give

Account

Donation Heart Ribbon

FBI Releases Images, Videos of Boston Marathon Explosions Suspects

Above: Two explosions went off near the finish line of the 117th Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013. At least dozens of people have been seriously injured, the Boston Globe reported on its Twitter feed.

Video

Update 2:51 PM PST, Fri, April 18 — FBI releases photos and surveillance videos of two suspects in Boston Marathon explosions.

Update 1:00 PM PST, Thurs, April 18 — Law enforcement officials will host a press conference at 2 PM PST. KPBS Radio will carry this conference live.

Update: 11:47 PM PST — Despite earlier reporting, The Associated Press now reports that federal officials say there is no Boston Marathon suspect in custody.

A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation says a suspect has been taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombings, according to the AP.

The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday. The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation.

The official says the suspect is expected in federal court in Boston.

Law enforcement agencies had earlier pleaded for the public to come forward with photos, videos or any information that might help them solve the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 170 on Monday.

Investigators circulated information about the bombs, which involved kitchen pressure cookers packed with explosives, nails and other lethal shrapnel. But the FBI said nobody had claimed responsibility.

Comments

Avatar for user 'JeanMarc'

JeanMarc | April 18, 2013 at 3:55 p.m. ― 1 year, 8 months ago

So my initial guess of "domestic terrorism" was wrong. Good thing I didn't place any bets!

( | suggest removal )