California Capitol Network
RECENT STORIES ON KPBS
Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi rebels launched a series of attacks on vessels in the Red Sea, as well as launching drones and missiles targeting Israel as it wages war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
The 61,600-square-mile territory accounts for two-thirds of Guyana and borders Brazil, which says it has "intensified its defense actions" and boosted its military presence because of the dispute.
In the 2024 election, President Biden hopes to benefit from talking more directly about former President Trump. The latest example is their exchange of words about the Affordable Care Act.
Maria Martin created the public radio program Latino USA in 1993, was a reporter and helped train generations of radio journalists in the U.S. and Latin America.
Colorado's booming urban population flipped the state from red to blue, allowing a referendum on reintroducing wolves to pass. But that growing population now may be too big for them to thrive.
The powerful quake prompted many villagers to flee their homes in panic. Japanese authorities issued evacuation orders in parts of Okinawa. There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- New California rules are crushing the solar industry
- Poway Unified School District superintendent sued by a student and her family
- California Coastal Commission stalls bike lanes on deadly road in Point Loma
- Could Chula Vista Councilmember Andrea Cardenas lose her seat if she keeps missing meetings?
- Sandra Day O'Connor, first woman on the Supreme Court, dies