Ciarra BrieschNews Assistant
RECENT STORIES ON KPBS
Escondido has adopted a controversial new policy on homelessness. It rejects a “housing first” model and takes a "public safety first" approach.
The request comes almost a year after Teixeira was arrested and charged with the illegal retention and transmission of national defense information. He originally pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The court could have moved faster. It has historically done that in other big cases with political ramification.
Tuesday, March 5, 2024 at 8 p.m. on KPBS TV + Encore at 11 p.m. on KPBS 2. PBS and PBS NEWSHOUR will provide live special coverage of Super Tuesday. Co-anchored by Amna Nawaz and Geoff Bennett from the nation's capital, coverage will include reporting from NewsHour correspondents and analysis from additional guests.
- San Diego Gas & Electric made nearly $1 billion in profits last year
- Migrant advocates overwhelmed after Welcome Center closes
- Momentum is building for a new national monument near the Salton Sea
- A tech billionaire is quietly buying up land in Hawaii. No one knows why
- San Diego County approved long-term plan for migrant drop offs