RECENT STORIES ON KPBS
Former Chula Vista City Councilwoman Andrea Cardenas and her brother Jesus pleaded guilty Wednesday to two felony counts of grand theft for fraudulently obtaining a COVID-relief loan for their political consulting business and using the money for personal expenses, and for unlawfully obtaining state unemployment benefits.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai told employees in an internal memo that the AI tool's problematic images were unacceptable. He vowed to re-release a better version of the service in the coming weeks.
A team of scientists including Ben Frable of UC San Diego's Scripps Institution of Oceanography discovered a new species of tropical fish during an expedition to remote Mexican islands, it was announced Wednesday.
Carrie Preston revives her eccentric Good Wife character in a new CBS series featuring delightful guest stars and clever mysteries that are resolved at the end of each episode.
The 82-year-old Kentucky lawmaker is the longest-serving Senate leader in history.
McConnell announced his plans Wednesday on the Senate floor, where he talked about waiting for a day when he would have total clarity about the end of his work. "That day arrived today."
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Momentum is building for a new national monument near the Salton Sea
- San Diego Gas & Electricity made nearly $1 billion in profits last year
- Chula Vista, Kumeyaay leaders to unveil signage for renamed park
- Why does California elect local judges?
- SBA opens Recovery Center to help businesses affected by flooding