MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
Sen. Catherine Blakespear appears to be the only member of the California Legislature who has a legal defense fund. She is using it to cover bills from a lawsuit from the time she was Encinitas mayor.
The California Legislature reconvenes with record diversity, but with several key questions and many significant challenges.
Opponents of Prop. 1 argue it would expand California abortion law to allow late-term procedures for any reason, but legal experts dispute that interpretation.
California’s governor is spending more time and money on two ballot measures and a possible presidential run than his own reelection campaign.
In an hour-long interview with CalMatters, Secretary of State Shirley Weber talks about changing California’s recalls for governor, increasing voter participation and other issues.
Religious opponents of abortion, led by the Catholic Church, are mobilizing against Proposition 1 on the Nov. 8 ballot.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- LGBTQ+ community raise their own Pride flag before delivering strong statement to Carlsbad City Council
- San Diego QBIPOC author teaches diversity through fantasy books
- Report: Salton Sea influences earthquake activity
- Military moves to clean chemicals out of well water on Camp Pendleton
- Passengers taking rail disruption in stride as landslide closes tracks in San Clemente