The Presidential Unit Citation is the highest unit-level award in the U.S. military
Families of some of the 13 troops killed in Kabul almost two years ago said they're frustrated by the Biden Administration and Pentagon leadership.
The bill would offer a path to permanent residency for Afghans that fled the country since the Taliban again took control.
Rahmat Mokhtar, an El Cajon-based former Afghan interpreter, will be in the audience for Biden's speech Tuesday.
The bill would streamline the process of getting refugees out of Afghanistan and into the U.S.
New book from San Diego-based journalist J. Malcolm Garcia profiles everyday people of Afghanistan amid the constant backdrop of 20 years of war.
Advocates say the U.S. is not doing enough to help the women who fought for American values over the past 20 years in Afghanistan.
For many of the Afghans evacuated to the United States last August, their journey remains very much a work in progress.
One former interpreter is getting back to the difficult task of creating a new life in his adopted country.
Sign up for our newsletters!
Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Momentum is building for a new national monument near the Salton Sea
- San Diego Gas & Electricity made nearly $1 billion in profits last year
- Chula Vista, Kumeyaay leaders to unveil signage for renamed park
- Why does California elect local judges?
- SBA opens Recovery Center to help businesses affected by flooding