Election 2020: How To Use The KPBS General Election Voter Guide
Monday, October 12, 2020
As mail-in ballots are making their way to the hands of voters, KPBS is launching its online Voter Guide to help voters make sense of the issues on the ballot.
The guide has information about your polling center, where the candidates stand on issues affecting the community, and what different propositions and measures aim to change.
It’s the same guide you’ve known and trust, but we made some improvements to improve your user experience.
What’s new since March? The Election Center.
After you enter your email and address, you’ll find several tiles that will take you to different parts of the Voter Guide.
There you can:
- Check your registration;
- Get the latest election news;
- Find out where and how you can vote;
- Check election results and;
- Research your ballot, specific to your address.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Enter the address where you are registered to vote.
- You’ll be taken to the Election Center where you will be prompted to check your registration
- You can then click on “My Voter Guide” to learn more about candidates, measures and propositions. Note: each race displays candidates. You can click on their headshot to view their information including background, endorsements, stances on issues and media analysis.
- You can then select which candidate you want to vote for and the guide will save your selection.
- The same goes for propositions and measures.
- Once you are done, you can either print out your selection or have it emailed to you.
Please note this is not an official ballot.
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.