Neiko Will is a producer for KPBS Evening Edition and KPBS Roundtable.
MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
With case numbers relatively low, one expert said now is the time to get ahead of the next surge with variant-proof vaccines and artificial intelligence.
Those staying in San Diego will be rewarded with summer-like weather through the weekend.
Technology-driven immersive art installations are wildly popular. And, there's plenty of money to be made from these shows. But is there any value?
Workers tasked with getting people off the streets in San Diego struggle to make ends meet themselves.
Nicole Murray Ramirez has long championed social justice for the Latino and gay community.
San Diego homeless advocates and city leaders are re-evaluating how families living in cars are treated.
MORE STORIES FEATURING WORK BY THIS AUTHOR
Maximum restraint is associated with multiple deaths in San Diego County, along with millions of dollars in settlement money.
"I Keep My Exoskeletons to Myself" is San Diego-based writer Marisa Crane's debut novel. It's set in a world where so-called wrongdoers are assigned an extra shadow.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- 3 reasons why California's drought isn't really over, despite all the rain
- SDSU Men's Basketball leaves for Sweet 16 with 'toughness and grit'
- California could ban certain food additives due to concerns over health impacts
- NPR cancels 4 podcasts amid major layoffs
- Formerly homeless man gets people housed and off the streets in Chula Vista