After complaints from neighbors, the city of Oceanside is reviewing its relationship with the Brother Benno's foundation.
Two years ago, Blackstone bought 66 relatively low-rent apartment buildings in San Diego County from a charitable foundation. Tenants of those 5,800 dwellings say they see rent increases, maintenance issues and evictions in their futures.
The San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved policies addressing the root causes of behavioral health issues, homelessness and other social concerns that often lead to crime.
Five major U.S. cities and the state of California will receive federal help to get unsheltered residents into permanent housing.
The city of Vista got no takers when it called for proposals for a homeless shelter last year. But it was a different story when the city looked at safe parking.
San Diego County continued to provide vaccinations to at-risk populations Tuesday as the number of cases of hepatitis A continues to increase.
It will be 100% affordable, and through the county's voucher program, no one will be paying more than 30% of their income toward rent.
The state is losing population as it builds homes at its fastest clip in more than a decade.
Legal tent camping for people experiencing homelessness will begin in certain San Diego locations later this year.
Chula Vista Village at Otay features 65 bungalow-style homes.
Sign up for our newsletters!
Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Biden and McCarthy reach a deal to avoid default. Here's what's in it
- 2 more Oath Keepers are sentenced to prison terms for the Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Doc Todd, a rapper who helped other veterans feel 'Not Alone,' dies at 38
- 3 killed in a shootout at a New Mexico motorcycle rally were rival biker gang members
- For Black drivers, a police officer's first 45 words are a portent of what's to come