Six Soldiers Killed In Single IED Blast From Fort Bliss (Video)
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
The six soldiers killed on Sunday in Afghanistan by a single IED blast were all based at Fort Bliss, Texas, according to the El Paso Times. All six were with the 978th Military Police Company of Fort Bliss.
One of the MPs killed grew up in the Central Valley town of Porterville, California. Pfc. A.J. Pardo was 21-years-old. The names of the other five soldiers who died are:
- Spc. Erica Alecksen, 21, of Eatonton, Ga.
- Pfc. Cameron Stambaugh, 20, of York, Pa.
- Spc. Clarence Williams III, 23, of Brooksville, Fla.
- Staff Sgt. Ricardo Seija, 31, Tampa Bay, Fla.
- Pfc. Trevor Adkins, age and hometown unknown.
The father of Pfc. Stambaugh spoke with a reporter from the York Daily Record after learning his son had been killed. The video of that interview is posted at top.
To view PDF documents, Download Acrobat Reader.