MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
Superintendent John Collins had been on administrative leave since April 26. The school board said an audit showed $320,769 in “overpayments and unauthorized payments” to Collins and an additional $24,494 in other transactions that violated policies.
First Transit, a contractor that supplies drivers to North County Transit District, announced Thursday morning that it had reached a tentative deal with Teamsters Local 542 for a new three-year agreement.
The San Diego Fire-Rescue Department extinguished a brush fire reported in Linda Vista about 5:05 p.m. Monday.
The blazes threatened homes Sunday night and early Monday morning. The fire in San Marcos engulfed two cars, but no homes were damaged.
Louis Ray Perez, 49, and Dorothy Maraglino, 40, were sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the April 13, 2012, killing of Brittany Killgore at a home in Fallbrook.
Hundreds came out Tuesday night to protest the proposed Federal Aviation Administration change that would re-route planes closer inland as they leave the airport.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Supervisor Fletcher resigns following sexual harassment lawsuit
- These are the states with the highest and lowest tax burdens, a report says
- Oceanside declares local emergency as storm repairs add up
- UCSD scientists: Raccoon dog is prime suspect in COVID pandemic
- A train carrying ethanol derails and catches fire in Minnesota, forcing evacuations